Thread: Tf103C (k010) Force Closing Apps without Error

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    1 times

Thumbs up Tf103C (k010) Force Closing Apps without Error

I've obviously had this issue for awhile and have just been uninstalling the "problem" apps as they "go bad". I've come to the conclusion that the apps are not at fault, since this now happens with ANY app I use longer than 30min at a time.

The top left of my screen will gradually get hotter than the rest of the tablet, and within 15-30min of being in an app it will force close to the app drawer/home screen. No error message, just kicks me out of my game/movie/browsing. In a game where you have energy requirements this pisses me off. In the middle of trying to watch a movie after getting it going through Chromecast, it's infuriating.

The ONLY thing I can find is that it may be Kernel related, but I don't see anyone else having the issue like mine. Is there a fix to this? Am I the only one and just got a lemon?

I am on build ww-2.2.33.138, which I received OTA a few months back.
    podunkmofo likes this.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

Sounds very much like a progressively degenerative hardware fault to me. RMA time.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iMadejoolaff View Post
    I've obviously had this issue for awhile and have just been uninstalling the "problem" apps as they "go bad". I've come to the conclusion that the apps are not at fault, since this now happens with ANY app I use longer than 30min at a time.

The top left of my screen will gradually get hotter than the rest of the tablet, and within 15-30min of being in an app it will force close to the app drawer/home screen. No error message, just kicks me out of my game/movie/browsing. In a game where you have energy requirements this pisses me off. In the middle of trying to watch a movie after getting it going through Chromecast, it's infuriating.

The ONLY thing I can find is that it may be Kernel related, but I don't see anyone else having the issue like mine. Is there a fix to this? Am I the only one and just got a lemon?

I am on build ww-2.2.33.138, which I received OTA a few months back.
    iMadejoolaff - We're sorry that you've been having this troublesome issue with your ASUS TF103C Transformer. From what you've explained this does seem to be a hardware related issue and would need to be addressed by a RMA. Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing a copy of your posted problem description along with your Transformer's serial number and we'll do our best to create the RMA and provide you with detailed instructions as to how to complete the RMA procedure.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150619738) on your next contact.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    podunkmofo likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear Asus support,

I am experiencing the same issues as mentioned above. I am using a Asus TF103C tablet.
    When I run apps, especially games, they suddenly force close at random moments. After the force close, no crash dump, error message or anything is displayed. The closed app keeps on running in the background, because when I press the multi app button, the previously closed app is displayed. When I press the image of the app, the app restarts and all progress is lost.

Force closing mostly happends when playing games. About 50% of the games in the Play Store are unplayble due to this problem. Cleaning the memory cache or closing apps prior to opening the app that closes, does not help to prevent the closing.

There is no link between overheating and force closing, because some apps cause overheating, but those apps are not force closed. They only drain the battery. The apps that force close do not cause overheating.

I am running the following firmware: WW-2.2.33.141

Please help me with this problem. This problem significantly reduces the abilities of my tablet.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear Asus support,

I am having exactly the same problem with my T103. It has almost always crashed spontaneously as described above by iMadejoolaff. i have reset it too factory, trying uninstalling/reinstalling, and while I mostly experience sudden crashes (no Error message/right to the launcher home page) with games, I also have problems with other programs included so called factory app. I am concerned unless there is a fix, I am unaware off, that I may have to return it also??
    Please let me know.
    I must say other than the consistent crashing, I have enjoyed the tablet, but it occasionally has cost me in game and real money. Unfortunately it seems to get worse the more it is used.

ww-2.2.33.108 = firmware
    thank you
    AJ6K

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    This forum is NOT an Asus forum. If you wish to communicate directly with Asus, you MUST do it via their official channels for your location.

This forum is a privately owned user to user forum.

For all the issues mentioned in the two posts above, the problem likely lies with the apps themselves (due to the open source nature of Android & the varied hardware it runs on) & maybe the Intel chipset.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same problem with my new t103c tablet. Apps decide to close themselves randomly. When using chrome today for general browsing on this site,it has closed at least 3 times in the last half hour. The minimised window can't be reopened and I have to reload from the chrome icon. It does this on other apps too, not just chrome. Has anyone found a fix for this. Tablet is only a couple of days old and I have updated to the latest firmware 2.2.33.144
    Last edited by Confused9; 09-17-2015 at 07:53 AM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

Try a Factory Reset - especially after a firmware update. Then see my previous comments

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times

ASUS has become horrid!~

Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Try a Factory Reset - especially after a firmware update. Then see my previous comments

I already sent my unit in for ASUS to "FIX".. they sent it back still worthless.
    I spent good money on this unit, PLUS the shipping to ASUS for repair of a perfectly NEW unit.

My problems, the keyboard most often does NOT popup. I wait and wait, then the unit goes back to home page when trying to do a chrome google search. The unit is unusable. I have an app open, and it randomly just goes back to home page closing what is open.

I have reset to factory, i have sent back to asus, i have used just the installed Apps and it is still worthless. DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT! I feel like they stole my money and are shipping out worthless units. Class action suit anyone? I am extremely android savvy. My $50 LG phone works better than this POS. Its as slow as dial up use to be for those of you who never experienced dial up, your lucky

Sincerely,
    Stolen from.
    Last edited by jetoverboard; 12-26-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    try switching off synchronize mode under settings/account and de-vink the backup option in settings/backup (or use an different email adress) so it wont try to sync ur account when online. i used the developer mode to alter my log buffer from 256kb to 1 mb. in the old versions android used swap file bf writing/swapping any data. so i googled that and found out that the /cache it used for swap storage is not even used to full potential nowadays. found a script tweak online that dumped/placed my /dalvik cache usage (and it kept working) into the hardly used /cache folder. so i concluded that it might be due an no connection time-out that breaks the dataflow a few seconds and triggers an auto-command like say " kill-app if timed-out mode is xxx seconds and then auto-starts app again " . hope some develloper can find the right xxx.prop command file cuz i've been digging trough them and there are a lot of those, like it seems to write data faster then it can read it or download it. hope i didnt explain too much, then again someone could puzzle it out better than me.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links