Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Unbricking TF103C

This Lollipop update was a godsend hell for me. The second I installed it it started boot looping. If got closed in the middle of the installation, no it was not battery it was fully charged. Messed around with enough androids to know that.
    Now the file of lollipop wont get installed via ADB Sideload. It does one of the two things:
    • Error in /tmp/update.zip (status 0).
      E:FOTA RETURN CODE 409 Install aborted!
      FOTA RETURN CODE 409
    • Stuck at installing update and go blank all of a sudden and reboot to bootloop
    • Yay! I managed to mess it up more. Now it wont go into DroidBoot -.-' EDIT 1
    • It does go into fastboot but it says FAILED (remote failure) to every command. Yes the Device is on, and has charge. EDIT 2

Now my question is what to do?
    There is no Asus Care Center in my city so I am on my own. Plus local vendors call this tablet a Chinese copy as they dont know anything.
    Before you say redownload. I did it like 5 times all gave same error. Mine is a WW-2.2.33.144 Model and I am downloading a WW-12.10.5.11

Regards
    Last edited by ssm14293; 03-27-2016 at 01:50 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, you have a BIG problem...
    I know, as it happened to me too. I tried everything possible and impossible.
    At the end, I had to take my TF103C to repair center... And I was not the only one...
    You can read the thread here: [Q] Asus Transformer Pad TF103C Tablet - Roo… - Pg. 21 | Android Development and Hacking, from post #201 on...
    It's the same, trying to update and fail, trying to go back to KK and trying apps2sd... Result is bricked TF103C...
    As you'll read, you'll notice some ideas how to unbrick. For some, they worked, for some, me included, didn't...
    Hopefully you'll be lucky one.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Excuse me but I don't know how to post a new post. Does anyone in here knows how to do it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bratusm View Post
    Well, you have a BIG problem...
    I know, as it happened to me too. I tried everything possible and impossible.
    At the end, I had to take my TF103C to repair center... And I was not the only one...
    You can read the thread here: [Q] Asus Transformer Pad TF103C Tablet - Roo… - Pg. 21 | Android Development and Hacking, from post #201 on...
    It's the same, trying to update and fail, trying to go back to KK and trying apps2sd... Result is bricked TF103C...
    As you'll read, you'll notice some ideas how to unbrick. For some, they worked, for some, me included, didn't...
    Hopefully you'll be lucky one.
    Oh boy... there are no ASUS centers here and I dont think anyone knows how to repair this tab here. I'll go through the thread and keep a log on this thread.

Thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    OK. After a long break, I am going to try this again but I need help guys. There is NO ASUS CARECENTER here, none. So please help me try to fix it.
    The battery died so I dismantled it and charged the battery manually So it's up and stuck on ASUS logo. Now at this point when I connect USB cable, my PC doesn't recognize anything.
    Any ideas?

PS: Before I bricked it I was following the thread suggested by callecuba (not blaming anyone just stating) and specifically this post:
    Fastboot

I guess I have messed it up to the extent that the eMMC need to written manually. Has anyone any idea regarding that?
    JTAG anyone?
    -- Is APX usefull? -- Cant even go into APX mode. FML
    Last edited by ssm14293; 07-21-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links