Thread: Asus TF103 Lollipop Display Bug

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times

Asus TF103 Lollipop Display Bug

Hey guys I recently updated my tf103c to Lollipop using the official firmware from the Asus support page and there seems to be a display bug.

Every time I switch between apps or stay within an app e.g. homescreen the brightness would fluctuate slightly over time. Like it isn't a huge change in brightness but enough to be noticeable, this cannot be through auto brightness as the tf103c does not have a light sensor. This never happened on KitKat.

Has anyone else experienced a bug such as this or have any solutions? Many thanks .

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times

Welcome to the forum karpman.

I know there's a setting in the stock browser which you set to dim content while it loads. Also check your settings -- see the example:

7 February, 2016 115212 AM PST.png

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there no I don't seem to have this setting, and its not just whilst loading but also when the tablet is left alone. I think it really is a software bug. Many thanks anyway.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    How did you upgrade to lollipop?
    Can you describe in detail?
    I donloaded the FW from ASUS Support but i couldn't update with adb sideload.
    Thanks

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RichySun View Post
    How did you upgrade to lollipop?
    Can you describe in detail?
    I donloaded the FW from ASUS Support but i couldn't update with adb sideload.
    Thanks
    I finally got LP installed on my tablet after a few trials and failures. Make sure you have USB Debugging option activated on your tablet before you begin.

Download the file from the Asus website: https://www.asus.com/us/Tablets/ASUS...Desk_Download/

Download either the TW or WW version depending on which OS version you have on your tablet. Go to:
    Settings
    About
    Then look at the Software Information and see what the first 2 letters are.

After you download the file to your computer, extract the .zip file and the new folder will have another .zip file in it.

Install that .zip file into the tablets actual root directory. When you plug in your tablet to your computer and the screen opens up with the tablet folders present you should see something like:

> This PC > K010

If you have an SD Card installed, you should see 2 folders. 1 named Internal storage and 1 named SD card.

Open the folder named Internal storage. Then, copy and paste the new .zip file into that folder.

DON'T PUT IT IN ANY OTHER FOLDER.

I kept trying to put it into Download and some of the other "storage" folders in the Internal storage folder and could never get it to install. Learn from my ignorance.

After the .zip file is copied over to your laptop in the main Internal storage folder, unplug the tablet from the computer.

You should see the Update notification in the top left corner of the screen.

Pull down the menu and tap the update notification and the update should begin.

Hope this gets you there.
    Last edited by JohnMcD348; 02-20-2016 at 05:56 AM.
    janner43, bullonero and willieram like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks

Thanks very much for your 100% accurate and helpful hints.

homero

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
    I finally got LP installed on my tablet after a few trials and failures. Make sure you have USB Debugging option activated on your tablet before you begin.

Download the file from the Asus website: https://www.asus.com/us/Tablets/ASUS...Desk_Download/

Download either the TW or WW version depending on which OS version you have on your tablet. Go to:
    Settings
    About
    Then look at the Software Information and see what the first 2 letters are.

After you download the file to your computer, extract the .zip file and the new folder will have another .zip file in it.

Install that .zip file into the tablets actual root directory. When you plug in your tablet to your computer and the screen opens up with the tablet folders present you should see something like:

> This PC > K010

If you have an SD Card installed, you should see 2 folders. 1 named Internal storage and 1 named SD card.

Open the folder named Internal storage. Then, copy and paste the new .zip file into that folder.

DON'T PUT IT IN ANY OTHER FOLDER.

I kept trying to put it into Download and some of the other "storage" folders in the Internal storage folder and could never get it to install. Learn from my ignorance.

After the .zip file is copied over to your laptop in the main Internal storage folder, unplug the tablet from the computer.

You should see the Update notification in the top left corner of the screen.

Pull down the menu and tap the update notification and the update should begin.

Hope this gets you there.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links