Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times

Touchscreen won't respond to touch.

Hi. I'm new here and am not sure if this is the place for this "thread" but I've had my TF103C for about 5 months and the touchscreen has always been "touchy". Sometimes ignoring the touch and sometimes acting when I have only put my finger close to the screen (seemingly). But now when booting it will get to the swipe to start screen and won't respond to touch. If I connect the keyboard it will work but the screen will still not respond to touch. If this ain't the place for my problem maybe someone can point me in the right direction pleez?
    '

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Welcome to the forum

Sounds to me like you need a warranty repair. Contact Asus (best by phone) to arrange a RMA.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks.

That's what I was afraid of. I've spent hours searching for another answer without success so I'll be taking your advice.
    Now that I'm established on this forum I'll probably be a frequent flier.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Hi. I'm new here and am not sure if this is the place for this "thread" but I've had my TF103C for about 5 months and the touchscreen has always been "touchy". Sometimes ignoring the touch and sometimes acting when I have only put my finger close to the screen (seemingly). But now when booting it will get to the swipe to start screen and won't respond to touch. If I connect the keyboard it will work but the screen will still not respond to touch. If this ain't the place for my problem maybe someone can point me in the right direction pleez?
    '
    We're very sorry that you've been having this issue with your TF103C Transformer. I would suggest that you first attempt to "Back up and Reset" your tablet using the Backup and reset option found in the settings of your device. If your touchscreen issue persists after doing the recommended reset then we would suggest that you contact us via email at socialsupportus@asus.com providing a copy of your posted problem description along with the serial number of your Transformer. We would then be able to provide further assistance if you'd like to have a Return to Manufacturer's Authorization (RMA) created.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services. You may reference this case number upon making contact - N150723061

Thank you,

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times

Having the same problem but I do not have a Keyboard

Hello,

My tabletís model is TF103CX, the touchscreen also does not respond, but I do not bought the keyboard.
    I have noticed the only time it works is after the battery is dead, I am charging my tablet, and it is the first time I turn it on. Nonetheless, after not using it for a while (it suspends) and I turn on the screen again, the touchscreen does not work.

It there some way to attempt "Back up and Reset" when I cannot access the settings of my device?

Regards,

Marcela

Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    We're very sorry that you've been having this issue with your TF103C Transformer. I would suggest that you first attempt to "Back up and Reset" your tablet using the Backup and reset option found in the settings of your device. If your touchscreen issue persists after doing the recommended reset then we would suggest that you contact us via email at socialsupportus@asus.com providing a copy of your posted problem description along with the serial number of your Transformer. We would then be able to provide further assistance if you'd like to have a Return to Manufacturer's Authorization (RMA) created.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services. You may reference this case number upon making contact - N150723061

Thank you,

In Search of Incredible

ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Welcome to the forum

You'll need to ignore the Asus_USA spam. They are posted by a large group of "paid by results" agents. Only 5% of their posts are accurate or helpful.

If your touchscreen is acting the way you describe, your device has a hardware fault. Mind you, allowing the battery to go flat the way you describe will mean your device battery will be dead within 300 full charges!!

My advice...
    1) Follow the sticky guides in the tf103 section to Factory Reset (Wipe Data) your device from the hardware keys or from settings
    2) Return your device under warranty
    3) While you are awaiting its return, read the battery guide thread linked from the Master Help Guide & the other guide threads & learn how to best look after your device.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm having the same sort of problem. I often have to plug my TF103 in to get the screen to come back and respond to touches. Try that. When it seems to freeze plug it in and see if it pops back.

Honestly I think this tablet is garbage. I regret buying it as I had those problems within 4 months of buying it. It's gotten so bad now I think I may have to send it back for repair.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Regretably for an OEM that most consider a high quality manufacturer, Asus' tablet division has never enjoyed that reputation. I read far too many posts here about issues with devices that can only really be attributed to either poor components or poor manufacture (or both).

The tf103 is a budget device, built very much to a price and, as such, I am sorry to say that its quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    3 times
    Good post. Yes it's true but I think ASUS still is a good company but they need to avoid making the cheap low end stuff like this. The tablet had a lot of potential but he quality only hurts their reputation.

It's frustrting to me because I still have a 5 year old Viewsonic tablet that works perfectly. I end up taking that with me when I go to a doctor office because the new ASUS TF103 just doesn't work right. Sad.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan View Post
    I'm having the same sort of problem. I often have to plug my TF103 in to get the screen to come back and respond to touches. Try that. When it seems to freeze plug it in and see if it pops back.

Honestly I think this tablet is garbage. I regret buying it as I had those problems within 4 months of buying it. It's gotten so bad now I think I may have to send it back for repair.
    Hello mmafan,

We're very sorry that you've been having trouble with your TF103C Transformer screen. In the event that you opt to RMA this product feel free to email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing details of your issue, the serial number of your Transformer and any personal troubleshooting steps you've done on your own.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. You may refer to this case number in the event that you contact our technical support team in the future: N151011121

Thank you.
    -In Search of Incredible-

ASUS USA :: Support Center | ASUS USA
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links