Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Asus_USA, can you tell me how I can post on Asus forums if the captcha keep on not recognizing my correct input? I tried it on IE, Firefox and Chrome and none of the captcha would take.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tf103c View Post
    Asus_USA, can you tell me how I can post on Asus forums if the captcha keep on not recognizing my correct input? I tried it on IE, Firefox and Chrome and none of the captcha would take.
    Welcome to the forum

You'll need to ignore the Asus_USA spam. They are posted by a large group of "paid by results" agents. Only 5% of their posts are accurate or helpful. If you are asking about this forum, well you appear to have made it in.

However you shouod know that this is a private forum and is not affiliated with Asus in any way. It is part of the Forum Foundry stable of fora.

I'm not sure how you could use IE on a tf103, however, as IE is only available on Windows, not Android...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

You'll need to ignore the Asus_USA spam. They are posted by a large group of "paid by results" agents. Only 5% of their posts are accurate or helpful. If you are asking about this forum, well you appear to have made it in.

However you shouod know that this is a private forum and is not affiliated with Asus in any way. It is part of the Forum Foundry stable of fora.

I'm not sure how you could use IE on a tf103, however, as IE is only available on Windows, not Android...

No, I'm referring to Asus's own forum for help. I have no problem getting into this forum at all but couldn't do it whatever I do on their own forum. Maybe it is one way for Asus to reduce the amount of people they help.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hello mmafan,

We're very sorry that you've been having trouble with your TF103C Transformer screen. In the event that you opt to RMA this product feel free to email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing details of your issue, the serial number of your Transformer and any personal troubleshooting steps you've done on your own.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. You may refer to this case number in the event that you contact our technical support team in the future: N151011121

Thank you.
    -In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: Support Center | ASUS USA

Thank you. I will take you up on that and contact your support department.

How long is the warranty on these devices?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan View Post
    Thank you. I will take you up on that and contact your support department.

How long is the warranty on these devices?
    Take my advice and contact Asus through the normal channels for your location. In the USA you would be better calling them than emailing them. If elsewhere, check on the Asus website or on your product documentation. If in the UK/EU you should contact your retailer.

The normal warranty period on a new device is 12 months from date of purchase. On an Asus refurb, it is 3 months.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Take my advice and contact Asus through the normal channels for your location. In the USA you would be better calling them than emailing them. If elsewhere, check on the Asus website or on your product documentation. If in the UK/EU you should contact your retailer.

The normal warranty period on a new device is 12 months from date of purchase. On an Asus refurb, it is 3 months.

Thanks for your help Janner. I will take your advice. Just curious though. Why wouldn't I want to use the tech support on this forum? Is it an outside company or something?

I purchased my device 10 months ago. It has been problematic for a long time and I've put up with it. But I don't have a budget for an new tablet so if ASUS can fix this one for me then I will become a loyal customer. Right now I'm a little bothered by a lot of things about this tablet. It has potential if they can fix it.

I noticed a new issue recently and it hit home last night. My tablet was at 98% so I didn't put it on the charger when I went to bed. I figured I could top it off in the morning. Then this morning when I powered it up it was at 40%. The batter leaked away almost 60% just sitting there powered off last night. Now I'm wondering how much of my problem has been caused by a faulty battery.

Either way I have almost 2 months left on my warranty so we will see what ASUS can do for me. If I'm not satisfied after this then I will never buy another product from them.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan View Post
    Thanks for your help Janner. I will take your advice. Just curious though. Why wouldn't I want to use the tech support on this forum? Is it an outside company or something?

I purchased my device 10 months ago. It has been problematic for a long time and I've put up with it. But I don't have a budget for an new tablet so if ASUS can fix this one for me then I will become a loyal customer. Right now I'm a little bothered by a lot of things about this tablet. It has potential if they can fix it.

I noticed a new issue recently and it hit home last night. My tablet was at 98% so I didn't put it on the charger when I went to bed. I figured I could top it off in the morning. Then this morning when I powered it up it was at 40%. The batter leaked away almost 60% just sitting there powered off last night. Now I'm wondering how much of my problem has been caused by a faulty battery.

Either way I have almost 2 months left on my warranty so we will see what ASUS can do for me. If I'm not satisfied after this then I will never buy another product from them.
    The support we offer as a forum is "user to user". The posts by Asus_USA are delivered by a Social Media Team - not a Tech Support Team. At the end of the day, they sometimes offer useful advice (if the post is from a helpful member of the team) but sometimes, not so much. If you use the normal warranty support channels, you will get exactly what you need without adding a further step to the process. When Asus_USA joined this forum, they did so as one person, called Tien who did offer excellent advice and would often make life a whole lot easier for difficult situations. Tien has long since been replaced by thus social media team who still offer what they can, but to be honest, when it comes to a warranty repair, you will just get there more quickly by organising it yourself.

But the choice is yours, Asus_USA are from Asus, so you may want to follow their process for arranging a return, but in the USA, you will get good service simply by calling Asus.

Good luck with getting your device repaired.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow... I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I've been having this issue for about 5 months. It seems to be a software issue. If they tablet gets reset to factory defaults, the touchscreen will work again, but sooner or later it will stop responding to touches. I'm trying to figure out some rhyme or reason for it to do this. Perhaps a software update that it doesn't like? Sometimes the touchscreen will become responsive again without a factory reset, although I haven't figured out how...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching
    Liked
    0 times
    To get the touchscreen working again, restart the tablet by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, (just keep pushing it after the window asking if you want to restart comes up, it will eventually turn off)
    plug it into the mains for a while....
    Then restart the tablet and this normally fixes the 'touchscreen not responding' issue on mine....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links