Thread: My new ASUS Transformer [pics]

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2 times

My new ASUS Transformer [pics]

Thought I would post a few pictures of my newly-acquired ASUS Transformer tablet. I love the form factor and the fact that it has a detachable keyboard (a main selling point for me). Laptops are too big to fit in my every day carry bag and this is a great compromise. This is my second ASUS transformer tablet and I am very happy with the brand so far. The build quality is above average for the price point in my opinion. Each person will find downsides to any electronic device, and if you read enough reviews of this model, they're laid out pretty clearly (poor cameras, heavy for it's size, battery life, etc.). These things don't bother me because this still qualifies as a budget tablet, and corners have to be cut somewhere to get the price point down. Overall, I'm extremely happy with this purchase, but would only recommend it to someone who likes the detachable netbook form factor. Samsung and Google have some very nice tablets in the $300 range, with better specs.

I was deciding between this and an entry level Apple iPad. The ASUS simply fits my needs better, even if it's not a top-tier device.

What's interesting is that this model is actually an exclusive to Best Buy. It has the exact same specs as the Android TF103, except the outside appearance is different than the usual black or white colors. This model features a gray textured back (way nicer in the hands than the slippery black or white version) with bronze/gold accents instead of silver.

For anyone that's interested, the ASUS model number is MG103C-A1-GR and the Best Buy SKU is 6248013.

eejit likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Thanks for the comments and pictures. Nice !

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    C'grats on the new rig mahler, and as Swipe mentioned...the pics are quite the bonus, hopefully come in handy for others eyeballing that model. Cheers.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    67 times
    If you don't mind saying, how much did you pay?
    --
    LikesCookies
    TF201 CAOKASxxxxxx/BCOKASxxxxxx
    Dock C3OKASxxxxxx

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    The Best Buy website lists it at $284.99 CLEARANCE, with "open box" devices at $264.99.
    In the UK, Amazon have the combo for 192 & the tablet only for 130.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, it died.

The battery was acting funny for about a week, then one day it ran down to 0% and would not take a charge or turn on. It was out of the 2 week window for returns, but they gave me store credit instead.

I ended up buying the same model because the netbook form factor is what I was interested in.

I'll give it another shot. I know there's known battery issues, but 3 weeks of use before it completely died on me is kind of a bummer and doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in the model. I wrote it off as a bad unit and hope that my new one works as it should. So far so good. The battery is staying charged for a much longer time than the previous model, where I would only get 5 or 6 hours of use before the battery got low. Fingers crossed!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    congratulation for your buy

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links