Thread: [GUIDE] How to get to Recovery, clean the system cache etc on the TF103

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Guys,

I found this site while searching for a solution to my problem. My TF103C is stuck in a boot loop. Following the instructions in the first post of this thread to try to reset the tablet, I was able to get to the bootloader menu. I selected the 'recover' option and the death droid and "no command" showed on the screen. But I can't get past that screen. I have tried the vol+/- many times, tried different combinations including power & vol buttons. I simply cannot get past the no command screen. Has nayone else with a TF103C been able to do a reset using this method?

Thanks.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Hi Guys,

I found this site while searching for a solution to my problem. My TF103C is stuck in a boot loop. Following the instructions in the first post of this thread to try to reset the tablet, I was able to get to the bootloader menu. I selected the 'recover' option and the death droid and "no command" showed on the screen. But I can't get past that screen. I have tried the vol+/- many times, tried different combinations including power & vol buttons. I simply cannot get past the no command screen. Has nayone else with a TF103C been able to do a reset using this method?

Thanks.
    Hi Wingnut, thanks for bringing this to our attention and we're very sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing with this unit. We recommend sending this unit to our facility for servicing. Please send us an email to socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the post Asus_USA, but I am in Canada, so shipping cross border 2 ways, plus repair costs are more than what the tablet is worth i'm afraid.

But I do have an update. I was finally able to get to the wipe data page. Perhaps my battery was not fully charged enough on my first attempts?

So now that I have access to the wipe data page, I did that. 3 times as I have read in these forums. The unit is still stuck in a boot loop.

Any other ideas?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    1 times
    FIXED.

After calling ASUS Canada, they wanted me to send it to them for a non refundable $60 diagnostic fee with an estimate of about $190 to repair it. Said it probably needed a new MB. So I figured I had nothing to lose to try to revive it myself. After watching multiple Youtube videos, trying multiple ways to reload KK using the firmware I downloaded from ASUS, nothing worked. Either it couldn't read the file, files were missing, or it was not a signed version. I then stumbled upon the post quoted below and followed it. So simple. Worked like a charm. My bootloop issue is solved.

Thanks to Aslezak and this forum for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by aslezak View Post
    I understand this is an old post, but I also had the same issues updating from the ADB recovery screen with any of the firmware updates listed, and even the newest (KitKat) one UL-K010-WW-2_2_33_144-user.zip. The solution was to apply the signed version with the tablet booted into droidboot. The signed zip has images for all of the partitions, whereas the official firmware is missing recovery.img and system.img.
    Post #215 from [Q] Asus Transformer Pad TF103C Tablet - Roo… - Pg. 22 | Android Development and Hacking has the link for WW_TF103C-2.2.33.144-release-user-20150827-signed.zip
    From here you just boot into droidboot (unplug tablet from USB, hold volume up + Power for 3 seconds until the screen turns on), then plug the tablet into your computer over USB. In Windows, extract the -signed.zip and open a command prompt (cmd.exe), change to the directory where you extracted the files. From the command prompt, run:
    flashall_AFT.cmd 1
    and it will update all your partitions. Once completed, the tablet should reboot & you will be on the latest KitKat version. From there, you can download the Lollipop upgrade UL-K010-WW-12.10.5.11-user.zip from the official Asus firmware page, extract the .zip file inside & place it either on the internal /media/device/ (over adb), or on an external SD in the root folder. After a reboot or two the device should detect the upgrade which you will see in your notification bar. You can then select it from notifications & the upgrade will commence.

Good luck!
    So my next question is....do I upgrade to LP, or leave it on KK? I have read that LP removes the ability to recover?
    Last edited by Wingnut; 10-19-2018 at 04:01 PM.
    Tor likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links