Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    1 times

Asus tf103c - poor service from Asus

Hello,

this is a moan really, sorry, but that's it.

Bought a new tablet in Aug 14, having researched online and canvassed friends and family, some of whom already have an Asus and love it, so I went for the tf103c.
    Within a month, some of the screen wasn't terribly responsive, but I thought I was touching it too lightly, too firmly, in the wrong place, it was a new tablet - I'm very comfortable with technology, so I was prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt.
    Then I contacted ASUS support and was told that as it wasn't within 4 weeks of purchase - I missed that by 2 day, when they would have replaced it on the spot, it would have to be sent for repair. It went off for repair and came back much the same, although now its screen went blank if it slipped from propped up in its case to lying flat, and at last, one morning, it could not be started. Nothing worked, so back it went for a 2nd repair since Aug.
    It was collected by courier 29th Nov, but didn't appear on the repairer's desks until 4 Dec, so that's when the clock starts on it. I was phoned 10 days or so ago and called them back. The courier had arrived 2 days before I was told they were coming, no complaint there, but in the rush to pack it up, I neglected to include the charger plug and the repairers wanted it as they'd looked at the tablet very carefully and the only thing left to check was the plug. I expressed some surprise, given that it had the faults above and THEY expressed some surprise that these faults were why it was sent in, having thought the fact I couldn't turn it on might be a fault in the plug.
    So, last Friday, I phoned ASUS to point out that a day short of 3 weeks for a repair was outrageous. The guy on the phone was polite, but robust, pointing out that I'd forgotten the plug and the tablet wasn't listed on the repairers desk until 4th, almost a week after it was collected from me.
    Now, I quite agree that a courier may not have delivered it as speedily as I expected would have happened, but I cannot understand why the sheet of bullet point faults I had sent with it had not been looked at, since the repairers were about to send it back having found no fault, when I spoke with them the previous week.
    The guy at ASUS said they had discovered a motherboard fault and had replaced it and it would, quite likely, be sent out on Monday.
    So I phoned again today. Again, the ASUS guy was able to tell me that on final testing, a camera fault had been found and the parts were not in stock but had been ordered. Yesterday.
    I suggested there was little chance of it being returned before Christmas but he thought it might be possible. Should there be a further hardware fault - this is the 2nd - the tablet would be replaced. Should it be with the repairers for more than 30 days, they would do something else, sorry, I can't recall his exact words, but I think he said they'd make arrangements.

My point is that this is diabolical service. Not happy at all. I do accept that there are always rogue machines, but when they turn up, can manufacturers not bite the bullet and sort it speedily??
    I may be a bit grumpy, but Christmas is next Thursday, I use the tablet for Skype and it's looking likely that that won't be happening.

I'm really not usually a grump, but I'm making an exception in this case.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

I have enhanced your thread title and moved your thread to our TF103 section for you.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    1 times
    many thanks janner43, sorry for putting it in the wrong place.
    janner43 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    3 times
    My tf103c developed a fault after about 6 weeks. The boot screen would appear briefly and then the "wee Android man" with an error message. I phoned Asus and assured them that I had tried all the usual processes to re-boot the machine. A courier picked up the tablet next day and I was prepared for a long wait. 5 days later my tablet arrived back working, and when I looked at the enclosed repair report, they had installed a new motherboard. This was the quickest and most courteous service ( I had phoned them twice for a progress report) I had ever received by any firm. It almost makes me want to chuck it down the stairs to try out the service again. :-)
    McG

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    carjon0 - We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this problem has caused you. We would also like to know if this issue is still ongoing. If yes, please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with your RMA/Case number so we can have some checks done for you.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, we apolgize about the troubles we caused and thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: http://service.asus.com/
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    do something with tf103c charging problem....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had pretty much exactly the same problem with my screen.

It completely stopped responding so it went back for repair, 3 days after it came back, it stopped responding again.

The thing is only 12 weeks old!

So be warned anyone looking at the 103c, something may not be right with them.

edit //

Apologies for the mild swear.
    Last edited by Saner; 12-29-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Language removed that breaches the family friendly policy. Please review the forum guidelines. Thank you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    1 times
    ASUS USA,
    No further progress, but hadn't realistically expected any, taking the Christmas break into account.
    I'm hoping the tablet will arrive before the break for New Year.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times

ASUS EU - Atrocious support, be Warned with the TF103

Hiya,

I thought I would start my own thread about the issues I have been having as a warning to members.

I may be just unlucky, so this will detail everything and well you can make your own mind up and be able to make an educated choice if / when you think of buying the TF103C.

Ok some background. I like ASUS products. I had a GT210 in my HTPC and replaced it with a GT610 both ASUS, both fantastic. I own two 2012 Nexus 7's and finally one MeMO Pad ME170C.

I felt pretty comfortable buying another ASUS product, I trusted them.

I bought a TF103C on 17th September, and it arrived on the 18th. I was happy with it.

I noticed the screen was not as responsive as my TAB3, but I figured it was just a different manufacturer and it was just something I would get used too.

Around mid December the screen completely stopped responding. Annoyed I called ASUS and got an RMA, the Tablet went back and was "repaired" it came back to me around the 22nd, I was happy I would have it back in time for Christmas.

On the evening of Christmas Eve the screen failed again, it stopped responding.

Now to say I was unhappy would be an understatement. My wife has an Lenovo tablet, same basic specs as the TF103 but it cost 100 less. I went for ASUS because I believed it was quality, I was willing to pay the extra. I now regret that choice.

I called ASUS and I was told there was nothing they would do other than RMA it again. No chance of a swap out or any other options.

I begrudgingly RMA'd it again. It was picked up and arrived on the 31st Dec.

I also thought I would file a complaint over the alleged 'repair' and the fact I didn't feel three days was a good enough time period and I thought the device should be swapped out.

I was told basically that ASUS will only repair is and if I didn't like it to speak to the 'seller'

Now I do understand it is the seller who I have the contact with, but as the seller gave me ASUS's number and as the previous repair had lasted only three days, I would have expected ASUS to be a little more understanding of the situation.

I finally got told that the unit had parts being ordered, for some reason in the three days no less than THREE things had failed.

(Remember, this tablet had been repaired not a week earlier by their quality repair centres)

So now, on the 22/1/15, we are finally here. The Tablet has been out of my possession for nearly 5 weeks in total (both repairs) and I get this.

So that is four things wrong with this tablet, a tablet that was 'repaired' by ASUS when it was barely 3 months old.

Does some of this sound familiar, it should.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...vice-asus.html

Same initial faults, same excuses....

Now I am not qualified enough to say the TF103 has a serious fault that seems to effect multiple people, I do however feel qualified enough to say be aware of the potential issues this tablet has, and maybe just look elsewhere, especially when you consider their support.

L.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Dum de dum, and we are still waiting.

Top top work ASUS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links