Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Will the TF103C receive lollipop Android OS update?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times

Cool KitKat 4.4

Quote Originally Posted by repo View Post
    The tf103c supports OTG, so maybe it's your microSD that you should return and then buy an OTG cable and a 64GB USB stick instead. That will solve the problem at hand.
    Concur. I simply plugged in a USB stick (mini size) and have all the write permissions I want.
    Also, understand that you can take your SDHC or SDXC card, put it into you PC and download all the files you want to look at before reinstalling into the tablet.
    Each app can write to its own directory and I can get them to write (save) to my 64GB USB stick.
    No worries. Good unit for the price. Didn't want the overhead of Win8.1 and its problems.
    Works well for my organization, and I would rather have the security than having tablets pick up all kinds of crap from the Internet which hackers are not targeting with increased frequency.
    Just my two cents. Technology is not evil just frustrating sometimes, but that is what we have opposing thumbs for - to solve problems.
    Nanouk
    Alaska

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Are there any news regarding a system update, or a possible ota installing (such as lollipop) in this pad? Is there any way we can install a google stock version of android instead of asus cooked one? obv lollipop would be preferable, but even a stock version of 4.4 would be appreciated

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roipnol View Post
    Are there any news regarding a system update, or a possible ota installing (such as lollipop) in this pad? Is there any way we can install a google stock version of android instead of asus cooked one? obv lollipop would be preferable, but even a stock version of 4.4 would be appreciated
    Good questions. I am also interested in the answer.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    10 times
    I think that if you installed a stock version of Android, you would loose much of the functionality that the transformer has. I'd asked a similar question in another thread, wondering about rooting and installing an older version to regain the better use of SD Memory. But, in hindsight, unless you get a cooked ROM that has the "special" features that the Transformer has, you'll essentially be limiting your tablet.

For lack of a better comparison, it'd be like putting a Pinto engine in a sports car. It'll work, just not as well as the one built for it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    I am also interested in finding out if Android 5.0 is coming to my tf103 ...Can someone from ASUS please reply with a non generic answer? Being the 5.0 ia also 64 bit ... cant wait to see how fast this tablet can get ... or get sold on ebay if there is no update

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by varvaros View Post
    I am also interested in finding out if Android 5.0 is coming to my tf103 ...Can someone from ASUS please reply with a non generic answer? Being the 5.0 ia also 64 bit ... cant wait to see how fast this tablet can get ... or get sold on ebay if there is no update
    If you look at the history with the most recent generations of Asus tablets (ie everything that came after the tf701 and contained an Intel chip) Asus has paid almost zero attention to prompt updates being a priority. Their company policy has drastically changed and most of the memo pad tablets are built with a low price and only sell for a small period of time before being replaced. The tf103 false into that same catagory, while not a bargain budget device, Asus seems to have abandoned it along with its other android tablet as far as android updates go.

I for one would love to see developers producing roms for it. However in speaking with developers I understand that the Intel system in android is completely uncharted territory so unless someone was extremely ambitious and was able to build a working recovery and start modifying the original firmware, I don't think we'll see the same development community that has sprung up for other devices.
    Last edited by Gtanner00; 03-25-2015 at 03:23 PM.
    varvaros likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Have they been able to get root access at least so i can free up some of that ram from those unused apps?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by varvaros View Post
    Have they been able to get root access at least so i can free up some of that ram from those unused apps?
    Unused ram is wasted ram. The android system will do this for you. Otherwise you are wasting CPU cycles waiting for those same things to load back into ram. Disabling apps is the best way to stop this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, i know that the intel chipset is quite a problem in developing and cooking roms. Anyway what do you mean with "extended funtionalities?" the asus apps and various calendar and such? I would love to try to install a clean rom, even the stock one. My question is: can i install the 5.0 stock version of android? can i install the 4.4 stock version of android? is there any cooked room at least compatible for this devise? (they did that with tf101)
    if the answer of any of those question is "yes", how can we do that?

I do think, actually, a lot of users might find that answers very usefull, but it seems nobody on this forum answered that before. At least based on what i found

Thank you

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roipnol View Post
    Well, i know that the intel chipset is quite a problem in developing and cooking roms. Anyway what do you mean with "extended funtionalities?" the asus apps and various calendar and such? I would love to try to install a clean rom, even the stock one. My question is: can i install the 5.0 stock version of android? can i install the 4.4 stock version of android? is there any cooked room at least compatible for this devise? (they did that with tf101)
    if the answer of any of those question is "yes", how can we do that?

I do think, actually, a lot of users might find that answers very usefull, but it seems nobody on this forum answered that before. At least based on what i found

Thank you
    The answer to pretty much all of your questions is No, or at least not yet.

Like I said before there is no development currently in progress for the tf103. Development is much easier for devices with ARM chips which are the tf101, 201, 300, 301, 700 and 701. And yes there are a lot of roms available for them including both AOSP and enhanced stock roms.

As it stands now, the only way you will ever get another operating system for the tf103c would be for Asus to produce it. If you are a developer or know of a developer with the device you might be able to use adb access to flash an enhanced version of the Asus stock rom onto your device. You are on your own there and you might consider taking that project to xda forums.

______

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links