Thread: Impossible to get OTA 2.2.33.138

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    9 times

Impossible to get OTA 2.2.33.138

First, sorry for my english ... Sadly I can't update my TF103C with this OTA.

Let me explain: When I have received my tablet I rooted with Root Zenforce and I have deleted some "unnecessary" system apps (with Root Uninstaller) as PCLINKS, MEMO...

There are some days the tablet has proposed to make an OTA update (release xxx.138) and I have accepted this installation, the tablet restarts and : big crash, big fear. Fortunately the tablet has rebooted handing the old settings. I thought at first to an incompatibility with the root but going to take a look in the log in "\ cache \ recovery" I discovered that an original app missing was the origin of the bug (problem due to the lack of PCLINK). I read that Asus Tablets didn't tolerate the removal of any system implementation when OTA update. So I have reinstalled in applications system these famous Asus apps I had saved for safety: The update tool doesn't offer me anymore this OTA, when I launch a new update request I have the right systematically to "your system is up to date" and yet I'm still xxx.135. So I'm stuck with the problem of the battery.

I have unrooted: without success, it doesn't matter, I also emptied the cache CM / DM / Google Frameworks (and stopped processes) also unsuccessful. I conducted a "wipe data factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" via the original recovery of the tablet (vol - + power / recovery) doesn't work either. Besides, would you have any idea when TWRP recovery will be compatible with the TF103C? I also thought of a filtering MAC address by ASUS server but it seems unlikely to me. Someone tells me It could be a build.prop problem....

It may be that I definitely want to benefit from the OTA update because it solves the battery problem, very annoying. I wanted to downgrade to the latest rom Asus dated September 2014 (V2.2.33.101, about 700MB) with recovery option and a "adb flash all" but Asus says the downgrade can cause problems. The downgrade via a zip image on the internal memory or micro SD does not work, only the update function works. I think it's weird that it's impossible to reset the tablet with a clean rom. I would have been able to perform all the updates OTA and repair the battery software problem. I would be extremely grateful if you could upload the file dlpckgfile for the OTA 138, so I could force the update (recovery, sideload), I was looking for the file from anywhere on the internet ... If you have another solution I take! If Asus comes a new version of the ROM I would be very happy ....

Thank you for your help

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

You have stumbled onto a very common problem with rooted tablets, especially if you tried to remove systems apps. You have obviously been reading some of the help threads here as you did what they would have suggested to get the updates working again, like the CM and DM client cache cleaning. What I didn't see is if you had tried to extract the first firmware file download to a microSD card then restart if it didn't find it. The card would need to be formatted FAT32.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    9 times
    Thank you for your answer so fast. Indeed, the zip file on the memory card has already been extracted once, it is called "UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.101-user.zip." The microSD card is FAT32. It seems to me that the tablet doesn't detect the file because the version of the latest rom available on asus website is "2.2.33.101", it is older than mine "2.2.33.135" unfortunately. Do you think I have to wait the next rom release from Asus ? Or I can try to flash rom 2.2.33.101 with adb recovery despite warning from asus about downgrading?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I'm out of options since it seems you have firmware that ASUS doesn't have. Not sure what to suggest.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    9 times
    What do you think if I change the build.prop ? and if I write "2.2.33.001" in "ro.build.asus.version" instead of "2.2.33.135" (mine) and the same for the others properties ? When I change the title of the image file "UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.101-user.zip".by "UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.136-user.zip" (for example) to simulate a newer rom, the installation starts after reboot but stop with a popup "error : rom older than your current rom". I think the cause is that installer check the buid.prop version, but I'm not sure.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    9 times
    Someone could upload the file dlpkgfile (ota 2.2.33.138 for WW Sku, about 40mo) which is automatically downloaded in folder "\cache" during OTA`? I would like to force upgrade but I need this file. I'm sure it's avalaible on asus server http://fota.asus.com/delta_package/eee-pad....... but I don't know full URL. I would be very grateful for the help
    I reinstalled in system all the Asus apps previously removed.

Software informations on TF103C after a successful upgrade to version 2.2.33.138: (mine is still 2.2.33.135) :

Version du noyau:
    3.10.20-g506b686
    2.2.33.138 #1
    Thu Jan 8 17:58:12 CST 2015

N de build
    WW-2.2.33.138
    044000219_201403200251
    Last edited by patates; 01-28-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    hi, I'm new this forum, I'm sorry for my english too...
    I had the same problem, I deleted some unwanted system apps in my new tf103c and when I tried to install OTA update (138) I reached the same result.
    I'm finally able to restore my tablet starting with the original stock firmware (V2.2.33.101) available from asus site and then step by step with OTA updates files I finally fully restored my tablet. I don't know why I haven't received GOTA notify with stock base firmware (101). I had to install all OTA manually.
    I can help if you haven't yet restored your tablet with last firmware.
    PS: it is not recommended to uninstall system apps because when an OTA update try to update them it fails with "apk not found error..." in my case I had deleted the default browser. I read system logs in the cache/recovery folder.
    Last edited by janner43; 02-23-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: removed direct file link per forum guidelines addendum two

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

I hope you get this worked out, but why you folks root and then delete various parts of the stock firmware and then wonder why the automatic OTAs don't work has always been a mystery to me.
    leeshor and Swipe like this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for welcome !
    the procedure:
    1) download stock firmware from asus site (WW_V2.2.33.101 in my case)
    2) perform a first unzip to obtain UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.101-user.zip
    3) I work with embedded linux at work for many years, I can't live without bash shell. install SSH server, I used SSHDroid for example. With the linux shell we can fully control what happen (system logs are great !)
    Now if you try to rename the filename UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.101-user.zip to UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.138-user.zip and copy it to microSD, the new firmware is detected and we can start update procedure.
    but when the system rebot in recovery mode the process fail due a revision check (101 is less than 135 in my case). Now logs... the check is performed by controlling "ro.build.asus.version" variable.
    I try to change the file /system/build.prop (the only text file with this variable) but nothing;101 is always less than 135. Obviously this environment var is stored on recovery partition filesystem.
    So we need to overwrite this partition with those present on UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.101-user.zip.
    It is not possible to overwrite recovery from recovey itself. we need to do that when the tablet is running android.
    before that just to be sure, to be in no doubt, I overwrited my 135 kernel with the 101, but might not even be necessary.
    to do that, execute "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (boot.img from UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.101-user.zip) from recovery with USB cable PC connection.
    extract recovery directory from UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.101-user.zip to a directory of the tablet, for example tmp.
    now when logged with SSH shell execute the /tmp/recovery/etc/install-recovery.sh script.... the recovery partition is now replaced with the older one.
    4) rename UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.101-user.zip UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.138-user.zip; copy to microSD and the update procedure now ends without error.
    5) perform wipe cache and wipe data !
    to manually execute all OTA updates from 101 to 138 read patates post at [Q] Asus Transformer Pad TF103C Tablet - Roo… - Pg. 6 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    I hope I was helpful.
    for any questions ask..
    PS: why no official GOTA notify with stock 101 firmware ? I don't understand.. after first OTA failure (138 in my case) no notify anymore.
    Last edited by Andrew_b; 02-24-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links