Thread: Help i need a factory recovery.img for the ww tf103c

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    If anyone does answer your request, please note that any link will not be able to be posted here publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    In case it is not clear to members, here is our policy (rule) with regards to external links.

• The ONLY external websites that we permit links to are mainstream ones. Such as (but not limited to) Asus, Google, Microsoft, Windows, Android, XDA, Android Police, major magazine sites & technical reference sites and other Forum Foundry owned sites.
    • Links to products on Amazon or other mainstream vendors are permitted as long as they are posted by genuine members asking questions or referring to discussions or product recommendations etc.
    • Links to other sites, forums etc are generally not permitted & if posted will normally be removed from your post & a note left in the edited panel.

APP & FILE DOWNLOAD LINKS
    Listing a specific app by detailed name, developer & location when relating to the following app repositories - Google Play Store, Microsoft AppStore & Amazon Appstore - is permitted as long as they are posted by regular members ONLY as normal part of a thread or discussion and are not posted by "one post members" who simply join to advertise their product. However, direct links to apps are no longer acceptable as a result of changes in the way Google handles its search engine optimisation algorithms in an attempt (by Google) to prevent app piracy; something we support fully. Posts that contain links are subject to editing & may be deleted and the member banned.

NO DIRECT FILE LINKS FOR DOWNLOADS OF APPS, ISO IMAGES OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE ARE PERMITTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHEN POSTED BY MEMBERS. This rule does not apply to forum staff members (Administrators, Moderators, Rescue Squad & Developers.)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    SOLVED
    Ok if you have an intel based tf103 you need to do this: in droidboot choose recovery, then when the green droid with the no command appears; press and hold - and + volume at the same time, be patient. A recovery screen should appear, from here you can install the OS from the card, or as I wanted, do a total system swipe and recover. After this it was like out of the box. Perfect!!!
    I think what caused the issue in the first place was my son chose a picture for the lock-screen that could not render, putting the device in an endless error loop.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Yes, we know (now)... that's why there is a dedicated sticky thread in this very section that covers this revised process on the TF103 & why the appropriate threads in the Master Help Guide have been updated with that information.

Thanks for posting back, though.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wordbag View Post
    SOLVED
    Ok if you have an intel based tf103 you need to do this: in droidboot choose recovery, then when the green droid with the no command appears; press and hold - and + volume at the same time, be patient. A recovery screen should appear, from here you can install the OS from the card, or as I wanted, do a total system swipe and recover. After this it was like out of the box. Perfect!!!
    I think what caused the issue in the first place was my son chose a picture for the lock-screen that could not render, putting the device in an endless error loop.
    Thank you for tip. I have FW WW-2.2.33.135 with some bloatware deleted. I had no problem to get to recovery mode using - & + keys, where I have 4 choices:

1. reboot system now / 2. apply update from ADB / 3. wipe data - factory reset / 4. wipe cache partition

I'd like to ask following 2 questions:
    - You wrote: "from here you can install the OS from the card" - how? There is no "install" command. Via ADB?
    Will be possible to overwite my v135 with v101 from the ASUS' web? (downgrade & some deleted files)?
    - You wrote: "... do a total system wipe and recover. After this it was like out of the box". Again. How?

Thank you in advance

Rubep

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Arrow Need system.img for tf103c

Hey guys,

Like the title says, I need a system.img for my tablet. I bricked it (rooted, deleted soms apps, made 1 build.prop change which made the device useless)

Is there anyone on here who can do this for me? Already asked around on another forum but not much help there..

thanks in advance!!

Brick3d

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick3d View Post
    Hey guys,

Like the title says, I need a system.img for my tablet. I bricked it (rooted, deleted soms apps, made 1 build.prop change which made the device useless)

Is there anyone on here who can do this for me? Already asked around on another forum but not much help there..

thanks in advance!!

Brick3d
    Brick3d - We are sorry to ear about your TF103. Here is the link to our support website where you are able to download the firmwares: Tablets - ASUS Transformer Pad (TF103C) - ASUS

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gouster3 View Post
    Hi all.
    Can anyone dump recovery.img for me please?
    ASUS TransformerPad TF103C (think same as TF103)
    WW_K010
    I have flashed some *edit* as recovery.
    (custom recovery for zenfone, i hoped, it will work. )
    I did the same thing...

The firmware ZIPs appear to only have patches to the recovery, but not a full recovery flashable via fastboot.

To be clear.... I fastboot flashed my recovery to one that crashes, and am trying to undo it. Currently my device is in a state where it will boot normally, but if I try to go into recovery(or do a system update through the normal means) then it will boot loop until I put it back into fastboot and then boot normally.

Any help(or full receovery.img) is appreciated.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Brick3d - We are sorry to ear about your TF103. Here is the link to our support website where you are able to download the firmwares: Tablets - ASUS Transformer Pad (TF103C) - ASUS

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    I am looking for the full image to because i have flashed mine with a wrong one and now i only get in the droidboot where i can use fastboot, but have no luck to write a recovery.img or boot.img, pls some help, regards Didier

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    thanksssssssssss

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    I have nandroid backup of my Tab... its TF103C... I can post the original/stock firmware, if allowed.

Regards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links