Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times

Need Help With Ethernet Adapter(RJ45) For TF103

HI,

I'm new to this forum and I'm glad I found this place! Didn't know this site exsisted till I googled for help for the Asus TF103.

I'm not new to Asus tablet/keyboards, I owned 2-3 years ago the Asus TF300.

I bought the Asus TF103 during Black Friday sales week and been using and playing with it and so far I like it.

I've been connecting to the internet via wifi with no problems.

I bought a Trendnet USB to ethernet adapter from Fry's Electronics for times I can't connect via wifi, like when I travel and ethernet is only available.

I bought the Trendnet USB to 10/100Mbps adapter, model number TU2-ET100. I tried using both the micro USB and using the regular USB ports to connect to the internet using the Trendnet. Either way it does not connect to the internet.

TRENDnet - TU2-ET100 - Hi-Speed USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter at TigerDirect.com

The TF103 does recognize the Trendnet ethernet adapter; and the green power and amber power light comes on, but adapter won't connect. I'm keeping it simple with the setting set at DHCP or is it DCHP, not configuring static settings, since I don't know how to do that.

So what am I doing wrong? Or is there an ethernet adapter that will work with the Asus TF103?

Thank you for reading my first post and hoping to finding help.

Ghost

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostInTheMachine View Post
    HI,

I'm new to this forum and I'm glad I found this place! Didn't know this site exsisted till I googled for help for the Asus TF103.

I'm not new to Asus tablet/keyboards, I owned 2-3 years ago the Asus TF300.

I bought the Asus TF103 during Black Friday sales week and been using and playing with it and so far I like it.

I've been connecting to the internet via wifi with no problems.

I bought a Trendnet USB to ethernet adapter from Fry's Electronics for times I can't connect via wifi, like when I travel and ethernet is only available.

I bought the Trendnet USB to 10/100Mbps adapter, model number TU2-ET100. I tried using both the micro USB and using the regular USB ports to connect to the internet using the Trendnet. Either way it does not connect to the internet.

TRENDnet - TU2-ET100 - Hi-Speed USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter at TigerDirect.com

The TF103 does recognize the Trendnet ethernet adapter; and the green power and amber power light comes on, but adapter won't connect. I'm keeping it simple with the setting set at DHCP or is it DCHP, not configuring static settings, since I don't know how to do that.

So what am I doing wrong? Or is there an ethernet adapter that will work with the Asus TF103?

Thank you for reading my first post and hoping to finding help.

Ghost

I use the TRENDnet TU2-ET100 on my TV for an Android TV stick (MK808) So i know it works. Also bought mine at TigerDirect/CompUSA.

I plugged it into the TF103C, and it worked great! It was using DHCP setting. I plugged it into the standard USB port.

Double check, with a PC or laptop, that your adapter is working 100%. You might have a bad unit. Also do a google search for how to setup static setting. Usieng it that way will suck in the long run, but it will let you know if it is working.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links