Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times

HELP !!! Asus TF101G KitKat ? needed

Hi,

On my search for the solution to the many hangups for my Asus TF101G I stumbled upon this forum and read there was a better rom called KitKat.

I bought the TF101 in 2012 or 2013 but never been able to use it as smooth as Asus told me in his advertisements, and after the 2.0.3 android update it also constantly hangs and even stops program that are supposed to be core part of the OS.

I had to buy me a 3rd party filemanager to even get file operations done without constantly restarting the built in filemanager.

My son tried to root the darn thing last week but was not succesfull as he van not get past the boot protection (Vboot I think, anyway I am a noob in such things so please don't hang me for it)

Now when I read the various posts here about re-romming the TF101 I can not really find one for the TF101G.

So my question is: Is there a ROM that does the trick ? preferably the KitKat because of the very high comments it gets here.

So I can finally use the tablet in a way that it was intentionally ment to ? a fast and smooth alternative for the big laptops so I have a all-in-one solution for all my needs on tour with our mobile home trips

Please be so kind to help me out, as Asus will not help at all and refuses to give the unlocker for the boot protection.

Thanks in advance, kind regards, Jan

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2798 times
    Hi Jan & welcome

You'll be out of luck with your TF101G, I don't believe there was much if any custom development for this 3G & wifi model. Any custom rom you install for the wifi only model will mean you loose the 3G cellular functionality.

Your best bet is to backup any files you may have & then follow the Factory Reset guide linked in the Master Help Guide. If you follow the guide fully, you will end up with a device that works as well as it can. Sadly though, given this is a 2011 model, it is now going to be badly out of date & will appear relatively slow and unresponsive when compared to modern devices. 5 years is a lifetime or more in tech terms.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    Darn, just bought me a keyboard docking to use it as a travel device with an all in solution like, nav, handsfree phone, document writer, camera (although way too big) and camperstop guide.

Well, as Asus is not going to help I will search for another device and give away this onde to my grandson (age 2) to play music an wheels on the bus with it.

Anyway I will NEVER buy me a brand again, support sucks, I'll go for cheap chinese instead.

Thans for the answer.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    Although......

Re-reading your answer...I dont mind loosing the 3G function IF... the tablet gets faster and more stable

But I guess this is completely out of the question ? or perhaps not ? and I could flash it with th KK ROM ?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2798 times
    As I said, if you are happy to loose 3G, then you can follow the guide in our Development section & its associated external links to XDA & get as far as possible on the ROM upgrade front - even further than KK I believe.

As far as "not buying a brand" goes, then you really need to understand the market better. OEMs have no interest in providing ongoing free updates. Their business relies on you upgrading. If you want regular updates then you are left with Apple, Microsoft or Chromebooks. That said, until Google dropped Nexus, you could have gone in that direction. They do still have Pixel, but how long that will stay current, given the Nexus decision...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    676 times
    Some development did happen for the TF101G. There's a specific recovery for it which indicates 2 things:
    Custom software for the G model exists
    Differences between the two models are significant enough to warrant a different recovery
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2434422

Could well be that it is the only difference and the standard KatKiss rom works just fine, but that's for you to find out

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
    janner43 likes this.
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links