Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times

[ SOLVED ] Total wipe of DATA? SOME THING WENT WRONG ... NO OPERATING SYSTEM...

For nearly 2 years things have been moving along great for the 101tf, but today had a crash.,... would not get past the ASUS splash screen,,,, went in and did a full wipe... but i took it too far i guess and lost the operating system.... my bad.... now it warns me,,, YOU HAVE NO OPERATING SYSTEM!!.... when i try to reboot from TWRP... so stuck here.... i have a Vista machine with ADB installed but i cannot turn on ADB in the TF1101.... bucause it will not get past the splash screen...... is there any hope here or do i just have a really cool paper weight? help needed on this.... really pooched it...

help>

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    If you can get to TWRP, just load the rom you want to install on a microSD and boot to TWRP. Install the ROM and you should be good to go.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    If you can get to TWRP, just load the rom you want to install on a microSD and boot to TWRP. Install the ROM and you should be good to go.
    funny thing is i tried that, i downloaded Katkiss latest stable rom and moved it to the SD card... booted to the TWRP but i could not for the life of me find where the SD card resided, i figure it must be something i really fouled up with the recovery because the SD card is not being seen..... i will give it a few more shots, perhaps im just looking in the wrong path .... but i think that something is wrong with how twrp is seeing the SD card or not seeing it.. i can see the file with my rooted nook hd+, so i know its on the card.... hmm.... puzzled

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzzo View Post
    funny thing is i tried that, i downloaded Katkiss latest stable rom and moved it to the SD card... booted to the TWRP but i could not for the life of me find where the SD card resided, i figure it must be something i really fouled up with the recovery because the SD card is not being seen..... i will give it a few more shots, perhaps im just looking in the wrong path .... but i think that something is wrong with how twrp is seeing the SD card or not seeing it.. i can see the file with my rooted nook hd+, so i know its on the card.... hmm.... puzzled
    As long as you can get to recovery you should be able to fix this.
    You may have to format your data partition (at least that helped a lot of people when TWRP all the sudden would not mount the SD on the TF700).
    Check in TWRP under "Mount". Unmount and mount data - but most likely it will be greyed out.
    Do not format anything else (/system or /cache....), just data.

You also shuld have an ADB connection when booted into TWRP, but that would not help much. You will have to solve this from recovery.
    Re-flashing TWRP in fastboot and then flashing the rom (with a reboot in between) may also be something you can try. But I would try to solve it from your existing recovery first.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    As long as you can get to recovery you should be able to fix this.
    You may have to format your data partition (at least that helped a lot of people when TWRP all the sudden would not mount the SD on the TF700).
    Check in TWRP under "Mount". Unmount and mount data - but most likely it will be greyed out.
    Do not format anything else (/system or /cache....), just data.

You also shuld have an ADB connection when booted into TWRP, but that would not help much. You will have to solve this from recovery.
    Re-flashing TWRP in fastboot and then flashing the rom (with a reboot in between) may also be something you can try. But I would try to solve it from your existing recovery first.
    dang, still no joy, i can get into the TWRP, but from that point if I try to install a rom... it never finds it... i have tried the unmount remount as suggested, i can check it but no and it says unmounting,,, i guess im a bit out of my depth on this, im much better with Clock work mod.... but anyway,, im not sure how to access fast boot,,, this is a real drag because this thing has been rock solid untill today,,, o well.... im up for any other suggestions...

thanks for helping out...

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    The TF101 doesn't have fastboot, but you can use a PC with APX mode.

I'd suggest using EasyFlasher to flash TWRP again and see if that works: Frederuco's Guide to Root and ROM the TF101

If not, flash back to stock using EasyFlasher then install TWRP again.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    The TF101 doesn't have fastboot, but you can use a PC with APX mode.

I'd suggest using EasyFlasher to flash TWRP again and see if that works: Frederuco's Guide to Root and ROM the TF101

If not, flash back to stock using EasyFlasher then install TWRP again.
    ok i got it too see Easy Flasher... apx installed and all, the only problem now is i cant find ASUS stock firm ware.. the one hosted at MEGA.. will not complete download.. stalls out... and i have no idea which one to use from asus or how to download it there server is just so goofy.. why cant they just host the freaking zip file... well anyway... i think after i find a decent copy of tf101 firmware i should be ok.. but im still hunting the interwebs for original stock tf101 firm ware....

huge thinks to all you cats who gave me a hand on this,,,, i know its an old tablet but its kinda cool that such an old machine can still chug along...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    http://support.asus.com/download.asp...h4q7I8dvWJzhdV

If you are in the US you will want the US version.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times
    well i think its back to stock, back to the very beginning... its weird seeing it like this when i have been using Kit KAt for so long... but from this point i will just follow Frederuco Help links and i should be good to go... im using the ww right now... but i will switch to US version,, i still need to root and get the katkiss rom all sorted... but at least its got an operating system now... even if it is ICS.... thanks again all... the 101 lives again.... and just when i was going to splurge for a 701,

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links