*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times

[ROM][JB 4.3][KatKiss][MULTI WINDOW] for TF101

Version 027 adds multi-window. You can split the screen in two and run two apps at once. See post 2 for more details

Yes, that is right. Android 4.3 is ready for prime time on the TF101! Many of you have been following this ROM since the Android 4.1 TeamEOS 3 days, others may just want to try something new. TeamEOS is dead, and this is where that ROM evolved to.

Code:
    You can dirty flash (wipe caches and system) up to KatKiss 4.3. NOTE: BE SURE YOU MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING TO 4.3! You can dirty flash from 4.2.2->4.3, but you will NOT be so lucky going from 4.3->4.2.2. It does NOT work and you will lose your apps and data if you attempt this. If you do not like 4.3 simply restore your nandroid of 4.2.2. Also - Do note that this ROM does not have all of the customizations that KatKiss 4.2.2 had. If you want full customizations, you may want to wait until more get added into this ROM. See Post #4 for more details on what is missing.
    Click HERE to jump to post #2 for FAQ's and HERE to jump to post #3 for Tips & Tweaks.

Here is a link to the official thread at XDA:
    [ROM][JB 4.3][KatKiss]

I have seen at least 2 users who also own the original Nexus 7 comment that KatKiss 4.3 feels faster than stock Android 4.3 on their Nexus 7. I know it feels faster than the previous 4.2 versions to me.

As of now, I will only be doing this for the KatKiss 4.3 ROM. I believe it is the best and most stable JB ROM out there. At some point, I may find a new one and abandon this one. I may or may not keep this thread up to date.

First, the disclaimer stuff...

DISCLAIMER:
    I am in NO WAY associated with timduru or KatKiss. Special thanks to all those who have worked to develop this ROM, and special thanks to timduru who is continuing to support this ROM. I will do whatever I can to help you out if you have questions regarding the KatKiss ROM, however I cannot make changes to the code in any way shape or form. Also, I am not responsible if you brick your device during this process. I will help you try to unbrick it if something were to happen, but no guarantees. Also, if you enjoy this ROM, I strongly encourage you to donate to the developer(s) so they CONTINUE to develop this further. See the thread(s) at XDA for details on how to donate to the developers using PayPal.

PREFACE - SOME THINGS YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW

This section is to discuss some terms you will see in this section, and to understand what they mean.

Partitions - Android is Linux based, and the partition layout is a bit different than what you see on a traditional computer like a Windows machine. Typically Windows has one drive, C:\ that holds all of your files. This includes your temp (cache), boot, bios (recovery), System (C:\Windows), and the program files and your files.

Android is set up a bit differently. It contains the following partitions:
    /recovery/ - A failsafe backup system that you use to install an OS. This is quite similar to the BIOS of a computer.
    /boot/ - This allows the tablet to boot.
    /system/ - Where the OS file (ROM) is located. This is similar to the C:\Windows directory
    /cache/ - temp file storage. Similar to the C:\temp\ directory.
    /data/media/ - This is the internal /sdcard/ directory. It is similar to the My Documents folder on a computer.
    /data/ - This is where your apps are installed and stored. Basically like the Program Files directory.

One big advantage to this setup, you can fill your /sdcard/ full and the tablet will still boot because the OS and temp files are on separate sections so their space is not full.

ROM - This stands for Read Only Memory. Technically, the ROM is the firmware, and on a rooted tablet it is NOT read only. But, typically once installed the ROM resides on the /system/ partition and is left untouched during normal operation. Most ROM's also contain a default kernel with them. Some ROMs include the Google Apps (GAPPS) and some do not. In the case of the TeamEOS, it does include a default kernel, but no GAPPS so those will have to be installed separately.

Kernel - This is a bridge between the applications and the data processing on a hardware level. Different kernels can enable different features. Some kernels enable over/underclocking of the CPU and GPU, NTFS storage, better GPS performance, CIFS support (mount network storage), 3G modems, etc. The biggest advantage of running a non stock (asus) kernel is the ability to overclock. Most all Tegra 2 processors can easily handle a 1.4GHz overclock and be stable. Some can handle 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 GHz and still be stable. I know from mine, 1.6 GHz is pretty stable, but the tablet can get pretty warm. Here is a graphic to give an idea what the kernel is:
    If you want to learn more about what a kernel is and does, read here: Kernel

PART I - INSTALLING THE ROM FOR THE FIRST TIME

BEFORE YOU START - Please, do NOT proceed if you have a non-functioning VOL UP, VOL DOWN or POWER button. These are critical to help you in the event that you brick your device. There is a power button workaround, just plug it in and it will do the same thing as the power button from the off state. However, you may need to let the battery die if you do not have a working POWER button. If you do not have VOL UP or VOL DOWN, you will not be able to enter APX and or Recovery.

Step 1 - You will need a custom recovery.
    Check out this fancy guide here for getting TWRP installed: Frederuco's Guide to Root and ROM the TF101 Follow the first option for Rooted Stock with Custom Recovery.

Step 2 - Backup your files.
    I recommend using Titanium Backup to backup your apps and data. Tap the batch operation icon in the top right corner (next to the Menu button). Once competed, run the "Backup all user apps & System Data. Once this completes, you should VERIFY the backups. After that completes, I HIGHLY recommend copying the important files of your /sdcard/ to another location. If you are unsure, copy the entire contents of your /sdcard/ to another location. It can be USB, microSD, SD, computer or cloud storage. We will not be planning on wiping the entire /sdcard/, however it is better to be safe than sorry.

Step 3 - Update your TWRP
    The TWRP included with EasyFlasher is version 2.2.1.4. Currently the latest version is 2.3.2.3. Once you are rooted, it is easy to update. Download the GooManager from the Play Store.

Once you have GooManager installed, open it and grant it SuperUser permission.

Then tap the menu key and choose Install OpenRecoveryScript

Next, tap YES on the popups to confirm the install (should be 2 of them)

The tablet will probably reboot during this process as well.

Step 4 - Once you have TWRP installed, you will need to get the files for the ROM.

KatKiss 4.3 ROM:
    The official KatKiss builds are located here. There are two build classes, STABLE and DEV. Stable is the more "stable" builds, and Tim's science lab (preview) builds are in the "dev" folder. Here are the latest builds as of 9-Nov-13:
    Stable - Build 027
    Dev - Build 027 Build 027 adds the multi-window from Omni-ROM with some nice enhancements. See post 2 for more on Multi-Window.

See here for the changelog
    Be sure to use GAPPS for 4.3 with build 022 and later.

You will also need to install the Google Apps package (GAPPS) with this ROM as they are not included in the ROM itself. It is highly recommended that you use the GAPPS package for this ROM and the most current ones can be foundabove. Be sure to use the proper GAPPS for the version you are flashing

The KatKiss already has the KatKernel included, so no need to flash that kernel. Version 020 includes kernel 106e. There is a newer kernel (107b) that adds functionality for the DLink DUB-100 c1 USB Ethernet adapter and also the USB RTL8150. Unless you have one of these, I would not bother flashing the kernel. Build 021 and newer includes 107b.

If your audio is low, bad GPS or you want an ad-blocker, install the K.A.T Toolbox. Version 1.4.1 is the latest. Be sure to update as version 1.4.X and newer are the only ones compatible with Android 4.3.

Checklist:
    You need the following files:
    ROM
    GAPPS
    optional kernel

Place all files either on a FAT32 microSD, or in your internal (/sdcard/) somewhere easy to find. For this example they will be on the microSD in a folder called KatKiss

Step 5 - Nandroid Backup.
    Boot to recovery - Hold VOL DOWN and POWER for 12-15 seconds until you see the RCK message. Release both buttons, tap VOL UP. Once in recovery, perform a nandroid backup just to be safe. A nandroid is a full backup of your system. If your tablet is full of apps, your nandroid will be larger. Be sure your microSD card has plenty of room on it, or if you plan to use the internal storage, make sure that has room on it. You can skip the nandroid if you want, however it is a nice failsafe is something goes wrong during the flash. You can just restore the nandroid and have your tablet restored.

Once TWRP is loaded up, tap on the Backup button. I would backup the System, Data and BOOT partitions. The others are not as important, but you can if you want. Set your backup name if you desire and also choose internal or external storage. Then swipe to the right to create the backup. For a 2.6 GB backup, it took approximately 15 minutes to backup the device (872 seconds to be exact). Once it is complete, tap the HOME button in the top right corner of the TWRP screen.

Step 6 - Wipes
    This step is one of the most important. Failing to wipe all of these partitions can lead to Random Reboots (RR) and Sleep of Death (SoD) issues. It can also make your tablet run slow, force close apps, boot loop, etc.

From the main TWRP screen, tap WIPE. You will need to wipe the following sections:
    (If you are using TWRP 2.5.X.X or newer, tap the ADVANCED WIPE option)
    Cache
    Davlik Cache
    System (this wipes out the system firmware, but not the apps you have installed or system settings like account sync and WiFi networks).
    Factory Reset (In TWRP 2.5.X.X and newer, this is the Data tick box under the Wipe - Advanced. (this wipes out your /data/ directory where your installed apps reside, as well as your system settings. It does NOT wipe the /data/media/ partition aka /sdcard/ directory. Your files will still remain.)

Once you have completed the four wipes, tap the home button to return to the main TWRP menu.

Step 7 - Install
    From the TWRP main screen, tap the INSTALL button. I have my files on the microSD in a folder called KatKiss. So, I will tap the Using external SD radio button. Then open the KatKiss folder.
    First, we will select the ROM file. This is either the Nightly or the Preview. After tapping on it swipe to flash it. You can set up to flash multiple files at once, but I have had issues with this on 4.3 ROMs. It will most likely have a message that it could not mount E:/staging/. This is normal.
    Once that is done flashing tap the back arrow at the top. Choose the GAPPS file we downloaded. Swipe to flash.
    After that flashes complete, I usually wipe the cache and Davlik again and then reboot.

Step 8 - First Boot
    You will see a 4 color boot animation for a few minutes. The first boot takes a bit longer than normal. Once it boots you should be greeted with a setup wizard. It may ask you to wait or force close, if so just tell it to wait. If you do NOT get the setup wizard to login to your Google account, reboot to recovery and flash GAPPS again. I would tell the wizard to restore your apps to this device automatically. It may or may not restore all of the from the Play Store.

Step 9 - Restoration
    Reinstall Titanium Backup from the Play Store if it did not download automatically. If your Titanium Backup files are still in the /sdcard/TitaniumBackup/ folder, it should find them. If not, you may want to move your files, or tell Titanium where the files are located in the Preferences. I have my Titanium stored on the microSD card automatically.
    Next, I tap the Batch Operations (icon in the top right by the MENU button). Choose to restore all user apps with data. On the next screen choose DATA ONLY and restore the data to all the apps that reinstalled from the setup wizard.
    After that completes, I choose to RESTORE ALL MISSING USER APPS. Select all, choose APP+DATA. When going through this process, you will need to tap INSTALL and DONE on the dialog boxes for each app that is installed.
    DO NOT restore system data. This can cause instablilites as the system data from a different ROM (such as STOCK ICS) may cause your JellyBean to crash, force close, boot loop, etc.

Step 10 - ENJOY!

PART II - UPDATING TO A NEW VERSION OF THE SAME ROM

So, there is a new version of the ROM and you want to update? You should see a notification if you have GooManager installed when a new ROM is available.

Here's how:

Step 1 - Download the updated ROM, GAPPS and Kernel. Note that there is not always updates to all 3 at the same time. Place them where you can see them from recovery and note the location. For this example we will place them on the microSD card in a folder called KatKiss.

Step 2 - Once the files are downloaded, reboot to recovery. Hold the POWER button for 3 seconds. On the popup, tap REBOOT. On the next screen tap RECOVERY.

Step 3 - Wipe the following: Cache, Davlik, System. Tap the Home key to get to the main TWRP screen.

Step 4 - Install. Use the same procedure as before. Install the ROM, then GAPPS and then Kernel if applicable. Wipe Cache and Davlik if you desire again.

Step 5 - Reboot the system. After installing there is a REBOOT SYSTEM button.

Step 6 - Wait for it to finish upgrading your apps for the new OS.

Step 7 - Enjoy!

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times

Faq

Frequently Asked Questions

Known issues and workarounds
    Default AOSP Soft keyboard crashing if using auto-suggestion
    => workaround: Go to the keyboard settings and change to Auto-correction off + Show correction suggestions:always hide.
    - Bottom Navbar can interfere with some apps, if you want maximum performance disable the navbar (Hold Power Button for 3 seconds and select to disable bottom bar, or both top and bottom)
    (To switch between apps without a navbar you can hit alt+tab or ctrl+menu on the dock)
    - KatKernel has a bug for the SD card in the dock if tablet is booted. Workaround - open Settings - Storage - Dock SD - UNMOUNT. Wait a minute. Then tap MOUNT.
    - exFAT microSD and SD card support. Use NTFS and the K.A.T Toolbox or format to FAT32.
    - The latest Google Now update is crashing
    =>Workaround 1: Uninstall the update for the Google app in Settings - Apps - All - Google, then stop it from updating in the Play Store
    =>Workaround 2: Go to Settings - Language & input - Speech - Voice Search - Hotword detection (untick the box).
    Front Camera (disabled to get PhotoSphere working).
    Skype - Cameras not working for Skype
    OfficeSuite Pro 7 - Known issue. Developer is working on a fix. Use OfficeSuite Pro 6.5 as a workaround.
    Some bluetooth issues may still remain. HID and Tethering are working, but some other profiles may not be functioning properly.

What is working
    Everything else! GPS, HDMI output, Tethering, WiFi (including channels 12, 13 and 14) keyboard dock with full support. Auto Brightness is much better than stock

What's new in Android 4.3
    Compared to Android 4.2, there is not much noticeable difference. Android has beefed up security. Each app runs in its own sandbox as they call it which increases security. Also, you can restrict other user profiles to not allow them to run certain apps. Could be handy for a kid's profile.

The biggest difference is under the hood (or bonnet). A script is set to run that optimizes databases in the ROM as well as run the fstrim command. This will keep your tablet feeling like it is running faster. This command ONLY runs once a day when the tablet is idle and the battery is above 70% battery.

Settings also has a new section Apps Advanced Permissions (AppOps) where you can see what apps are using what permissions and you can also disable any permissions for any apps. USE WITH CAUTION - CHANGING SOME OF THESE PERMISSIONS MAY CAUSE INSTABILITY OR BOOTLOOPS. BE SURE TO HAVE A GOOD NANDROID BEFORE CHANGING ANY SETTINGS.

When I get a random reboot, it hangs and will not boot! - If you have this happen, sadly the only option is to do a factory reset. Some files in the /data/ partition get corrupted and cause it to not boot. You can flash the fsync.zip file from TWRP to enable fsync. By default it is off. Also, you can recovery most of your data by doing a data partition backup in TWRP and then restoring apps and data from Titanium Backup Pro (does not work with the free version). Open Titanium Backup - Menu (top right) - SPECIAL BACKUP/RESTORE - Extract from Nandroid backup...

Can I get rid of the Phablet UI?
    Yes, this feature has been added. To enable this, go to Settings - -> User Interface --> Interface Mode --> Tablet UI.

I want to run two apps at once, side by side. Is it possible?
    If you are running version 027 or later, yes! This uses the code that was developed by OmniROM. Tim added some very useful enhancements to it as well.

You will notice there are two new soft keys on version 027:
    To toggle between split and full screen (split will use your last 2 recent apps for the split) tap this:
    And to change focus from one side to the other you can tap this button:

To make it easy to change apps, when in the recent apps you will notice three icons to the right of each preview window:
    Tap the top icon to go full screen, tap the middle icon to put it on the left side, tap the bottom icon to put it on the left side.

Most apps I have tried run fine in split view, however they will typically refresh when going into split view. If an app locks up or does not want to refresh, tap this button twice to force a refresh:

Some apps are a bit clunky in this, such as settings in landscape. The menu key puts the menu off to the right of the screen most of the time, and it is hard to navigate in split screen. Tim is looking into making apps run in portrait mode when landscape and split screen. No promises from Tim as of this point but stay tuned.

Split view works in landscape and portrait. Most apps will need to refresh when switching from portrait to landscape.

Can I disable the multiview?

As of build 027 (initial release) it is not possible to disable multi-view. If you do not want to use it, stick with build 026. It may be added as a feature in future releases.
    Is Adobe Flash supported on this ROM?
    Yes and no - Adobe has dropped flash support for Android. The latest versions were for 4.0 in August 2012.

HOWEVER - You can still sideload flash. First, go to Settings - Security - Unknown Sources. Tick the box. Next, go to the Adobe Archives and download the latest version for Android 4.0. After it downloads tap on it to install it.

Flash works well in the stock Browser, Firefox, Firefox Beta and Boat Browser. Dolphin has disabled flash support for JellyBean last time I checked.

Should I run a custom Kernel?
    The only Android 4.3 Kernel that I am aware of is the one included with this ROM. No need to really use a different one.

Where is the Play Store and GMail?
    You need to go back to recovery and flash GAPPS. You will have to flash GAPPS after EVERY time you flash the ROM. Some ROMs do not have this requirement, however the TeamEOS/KatKiss ROMs require the GAPPS to be flashed after you install the ROM, even if just updating to a newer nightly or preview build

I don't like the navigation buttons centered
    Go to Settings --> User Interface --> Interface Mode --> Phablet UI - Nav Bar Left Aligned. This will left justify the 3 softkeys.

Can I hide the system bars to get a true FULL SCREEN experience?
    Yes, just hold the LOCK button for 3 seconds. You will see the POWER MENU. Tap the Expanded Desktop to toggle them off and on. You can hide just the nav bar or the nav and status bar. You can also go to Settings --> User Interface --> Interface Mode --> Phablet UI - No Nav Bar or Expanded Desktop - No Bars.

The Nav Bar takes up as much room as the old Statusbar, plus I lose the top notification bar. Anything I can do?
    Yes, open Settings --> User Interface --> Navigation Bar Size There are 3 options for the heights: Normal (48 pixels), Slim (36 pixels), and Small (24 pixels).

This can also be done with the Tablet style UI. Normal (48 pixels), Slim (36 pixels), and Small (24 pixels).

My tablet does not see my WiFi on channels above 11
    This only applies to users outside the US for the most part. Open Settings --> WiFi --> Menu Key (top right) --> Advanced --> Change wifi regulatory domain.

How do I use Google Now?
    Tap on the Google icon in the app drawer. Agree to the terms and such. Then you are all set. On the screen, say Google and then you can ask a question. To quickly access it, swipe up from the home button and PRESTO!

Google Now/Search crashes
    This is an issue with the latest update from the Play Store. Either uninstall the update, or go to Settings - Language & input - Speech - Voice Search - Hotword Detection (untick)

I have the dock, is there a way I can hide the NavBar but keep the notification bar at the top?
    Yes, hold the power button for 3 seconds and choose Expanded Desktop - Keep Status Bar. You can also go into Settings --> User Interface --> Interface Mode --> Phablet UI - No Nav Bar.

Even if you DON'T have the dock, you can install the app LMT and set up thumb controls to swipe in from the left or right to use.

Can I overclock the CPU? If so, how?
    There are many tools you can use to overclock, but there is one built into the settings. Open Settings --> Performance.
    Open the Performance Settings. Adjust as necessary. The Governor is basically how aggressively it ramps up the max clock speed. Using the KatKernel, I use Smartass V2 and it works realy well. Then there are the max and min speeds. Min, many users set to 312 if they have RR and SOD. For the top end, I use 1.4 GHz. It runs OK on mine at 1.6, and crashes at 1.7. 1.6 it runs a bit warm for my taste and I cannot tell much difference between 1.4 and 1.6 for performance.
    You could underclock, but there is not much need unless you use a governor that keeps it at the max speed (like Performance). Using one like smartass v2, it only runs the CPU as fast as it needs. If you are just using a simple app like GMail, it will run at 700-800 MHz, but if you open ShadowGun it will jump to the max CPU setting.

Do I need Dual Battery Widget?
    It is be integrated into this ROM.

My battery is draining fast
    Check your WiFi sleep settings. Settings - WiFi - Tap the button in the top right, Advanced, WiFi on during sleep - Never. Keep in mind, this is forced. No need for AutoAirplane Mode, this ROM forces the WiFi off when the tablet is sleeping.
    The dock is using a US layout and I do not have a US dock. How do I change it?
    Settings --> Language & input --> Physical Keyboard --> asusec --> Set up keyboard layouts

Is there a way to add custom keyboard shortcuts?
    Build 027 adds an option to do this in Settings --> Dock --> Add Key Override Actions.
    You can override most keys with options. I do wish we could make the LOCK/SLEEP key a DEL button, but this has not been implemented yet. So, if you never use Bluetooth, you can make the BT button on the top row do something like display recent apps, or launch your favorite browser. Oh, why not make the browser key launch your favorite browser? You can make lots of shortucts with modifier keys (shift, alt, ctrl).
    How do I get rid of the circle touchpad and get a real pointer?
    Open Settings --> Dock --> Touchpad Mode. Change from Gestures (CIRCLE) to Trackpad (Arrow)

My Volume is lower than it was on stock
    Most custom ROMs for JellyBean have had some volume issues. There is an app for that! It is made by none other than TimDuru. It is the K.A.T Toolbox. Here is the link to the official thread at XDA:
    K.A.T - V1.4.1 [ICS][JB4.1-4.3] App | Audio enhancer | Misc fixes | Scanner Filters
    Read more about what it is and how to use it in that thread.

Direct download link for the app is here: Index of /android/tf101/K.A.T/app Grab the latest and install it. Once installed, open it. Grant root permissions. Tap the Audio Section. Set it for the Max Audio Profile.

You may also want to install the GPS fix and Ad Blocker on the Install tab.

How do I get rid of the darn APP DRAWER icon that is bottom dead center?
    The stock launcher has a fixed icon that you cannot get rid of for the app drawer. You will need to check out a custom launcher like Apex, Nova, ADW or another one. I like the look of Apex myself with the App Drawer icon in the top right. Custom Launchers are the way to go IMO, so much more you can do with them compared to the stock ICS/JB launchers.

GMail and or the Play Store keep crashing. How do I fix it?
    Be sure to flash GAPPS again after flashing the ROM, even if just upgrading to a new version. Reboot to recovery, wipe caches, flash GAPPS, wipe caches, reboot.

AOSP Keyboard keeps force closing. How do I fix it?
    Be sure to flash GAPPS again after flashing the ROM, even if just upgrading to a new version. Reboot to recovery, wipe caches, flash GAPPS, wipe caches, reboot. Tim found this bug on accident but left it in to help identify when users do not flash GAPPS.

My back button stops working after a bit, how do I fix it?
    Be sure to flash GAPPS again after flashing the ROM, even if just upgrading to a new version. Reboot to recovery, wipe caches, flash GAPPS, wipe caches, reboot. Tim found this bug on accident but left it in to help identify when users do not flash GAPPS.

My tab won't auto-rotate when undocked. Why not?
    By default Auto-Rotate is disabled. To enable it go to Settings --> Accessibility --> Auto-rotate screen --> Tick the box.
    scottporter likes this.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times

Tips & Tweaks

TIPS & TWEAKS

This is a section to talk about some of the customizations this ROM can do to make your tablet truly one of a kind, and tailored for you.

Note that this is using the latest DEV version. If some of the options are not present on your tablet, be sure to update to the latest version.

This ROM is set up a bit differently. Instead of using the Control Center, the controls are integrated into the Settings app.

WiFi - Under the WiFi tab, tap the menu key and choose Advanced for some settings. This includes the WiFi Regulatory domain, when to keep WiFi on and an option for WiFi optimization to help with battery life.

HDMIOut Mode - Under Display Settings. You can choose to Center, Crop or Scale the HDMI Output to a TV. This can be very handy if your HDMI output is not showing how you want it to.

User Interface - This is where you can change the UI.
    Interface Mode - There are 5 options to choose from: Phablet UI (Centered nav buttons), Phablet UI - Nav Bar Left Aligned, Phablet UI - No Nav Bar, Tablet UI, Expanded Desktop No Bars.
    Navigation Bar Size - You can choose the height of the Nav Bar at the bottom if you have it shown. 3 flavors to choose from, 24 pixels, 36 pixels or 48 pixels.
    Navigation Button Settings (Added in build 021) - You can change the long press action of the Back, Recent Apps and Menu Button. Home button long press changes have not yet been implemented.
    Quick Settings - Allows you to change the quick settings pulldown (right pull down on Phablet UI mode). Customize with the tiles you want. For GPS/BT/WiFi, a tap will toggle the radio, a long press will open the settings to that option
    Battery - You can show the battery icon, text and percent. Choose which you would like to show.
    Clock - Choose to show time and date if you like. Keep in mind that if you show the clock and time, Depending on your date format it may be a bit confusing if they run together.
    Recent Apps Screen - Option to show the Memory Info and Kill All button if you want them. Handy IMO. Kill All Button has been moved up so the back button is not accidentally pressed if you have left justified nav buttons.3

Show InputMethod Chooser Notification -
    This option suppresses the popup about choosing your notification. This can be quite annoying when using Tablet UI as it could be tapped accidentally. You can still change physical keyboard input methods by holding CTRL and SPACE on the physical keyboard. Most virtual keyboards have options to change layouts/languages if configured by tapping a button or sliding along the space bar.

Dock - This is where you can change some settings with the dock.
    Add Key Override Actions - You can change the function of some keys (like set your favorite browser when tapping browser) or multi-key shortcuts.
    Touchpad Mode - This is where you can change the touchpad mode from Gesture (circle) to Touchpad (arrow).
    Pointer Speed - Adjust the speed of the touchpad pointer.

AppOps - This is where you can disable permissions for apps. WARNING - Disabling app permissions can cause instabilities (Sleep Of Death, Random Reboots and Boot Loops). Be sure to have a good nandroid backup before altering these settings!

Language & Input
    To add a number row to the default soft keyboard - Tap the slider next to the AOSP keyboard. Advanced Settings. Custom Input Styles. ADD STYLE (top right). Choose your language and for the layout choose PC. Then set that keyboard layout as active in the Input Languages section of the AOSP keyboard settings. Here is what the English (US) (PC) looks like:

Dock Keyboard Layout - Under the Physical Keyboard section choose the asusec keyboard and then choose the Set Up Keyboard Layouts.

Performance - This is where you can set your CPU overclocking, I/O Scheduler and if you want to enable ZRAM. I have mine set to Governor - interactive, Min 312 MHz, Max 1504 MHz. I/O - SIO and I do not enable ZRAM. Smartassv2 tends to keep the CPU at the max setting and not scale it back.

Media Scanner Filters - This is where you can set which folders should and should not be scanned for media. Handy if you do not want some folders showing up in Gallery, Music or other media apps.

SuperSU - This is just a shortcut to open the SuperSU app. This controls the root permissions.

Stay Awake - (Developer Options - Stay Awake) will keep the screen on when charging.

scottporter likes this.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times
    Items from 4.2.2 that are missing in 4.3 at this time:

Some or all of these may return in time as Tim has time to integrate them.

Themes - There is no Theme manager integrated with this ROM at this time.

Persistent Menu Key - (Force show menu overflow) has not yet been implemented. Any apps that need the menu key, it will be there. keep in mind some apps (like GMail and Settings) will have it in the upper right and not on the nav bar.

NX Gesture Bar - Allows you to use guestures instead of soft keys. This will give you a circle of dots. Start your gestures from this spot, left is back, up is home and right for recent. Long press the center for MENU.

Glass
    is a way to make your status/nav bar transparent or semi-transparent. If you have a light colored background, this will show through. Left is Glass Disabled and right is Glass Enabled.

Softkey Settings -
    Change colors of softkeys. Should be coming soon. Long press action of all but the home button have been implemented in build 021. You can install the xPosed Framework and then add the XBlast Tools module you can change the colors of the soft keys (as well as LOTS of other options).

Quick Launch Targets - Add/customize the launch targets when dragging up from the home button.

Status Bar
    - Allows you to customize the statusbar.

Volume Keys - The option for long press on the volume keys and also invert them has not yet been added.

Disable battery notifications

Screen Behavior When Charging - Once again, can be changed using the xPosed Framework .

CRT Screen On/Off - Can be added using xPosed Framework.

Screenshot Factor

Network Host Name

WiFi Timeout
    scottporter likes this.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Excellent Frederuco, a lot of work went into this.

Thanks very much.

Ziggy

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    49 times
    Another nice guide Frederuco!! (I for one would love it if you did one of these threads for launchers )
    iMac 21.5" 2011 12GB OSX 10.9.5, Asus V5-131 8GB Win7, Asus 1015E 2GB Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
    TF101 32GB JB 4.4.4 KatKiss-KitKat 33 KatApp 1.5.3 LMT 2.1 TWRP 2.8.0.2 Recovery

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottporter View Post
    Another nice guide Frederuco!! (I for one would love it if you did one of these threads for launchers )
    There are just TOO MANY!

I use apex, 1 screen. Mostly I just use the app drawer.
    scottporter likes this.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I heartily agree. I flashed the ROM on my 101 and it is fast, fully functional and fantastic. I don´ t even have any of the issues described. Camera´ s working in Skype, Dock SD card mounts normally and operation is noticeably faster than when I was on CM 10.2 Android 4.2.2, even though that was a very good ROM too. I am a devote Cyanogenmod person, but this has opened my views. Thanks for the work done.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    5 times
    KatKiss 4.3 020 is running fantastically for me - smooth, fast and stable (over 150 hours to date).

Thoroughly recommended if you can live without the refinements of the 4.2.2 version - I've not missed any of them.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    12 times
    I installed it yesterday (Came from KatKiss 4.2.2) and it is doing great!

Thanks for the guides Homer - ah er Frederuco!

I delayed a bit due to the missing items but after I reviewed them - I am not missing anything I use!

Charlie
    Last edited by W8WCA; 09-20-2013 at 05:42 AM.
    TF101 & Dock w/KKKK (KatKiss KitKat) ROM 4.4.2 v025

Cheers Charlie

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads