Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By leeshor
  • 1 Post By lazuhrus

Thread: Pitch/Angle/G-sensor listing a bit to port.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times

Pitch/Angle/G-sensor listing a bit to port.

I got my Transformer on Friday, love it. Only problem is that anything that's angle sensitive is about 10 degrees off level. Landscape or portrait, through 360 degrees in fact. I've done a factory reset, and a hard reset (I think that one worked at least) and it's still off. Grabbed GPS Status, it agrees it's off center and will calibrate itself, but does nothing for the main tablet functions.

Just got back from BestBuy where I bought it, they don't have any (no surprise after BF) and have no knowledge of when more will come it, for at least two more weeks. At which point I'd imagine they'll all be TF Primes, which I don't really need.

I've tried several different google searches, and not had any luck with an easy fix, just a suggestion to root it. I most likely will end up rooting it eventually, as I did with my phone, but would prefer not to do it on a 3 day old item.

Apologies if this has been previously asked and answered, but I've not had any luck with internal searches on the site, I might not be using the right terminology.

Angle.jpg

Should give an idea of what I'm talking about. That's on a level (by old fashioned spirit level) desk.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    I`d say your ship is sinking

There used to be an issue with the compass which may or may not also reset the accelerometer - if you swing the TF in a figure of 8 (I never knew if it meant vertically or horizontally) but it said do that 5 times constantly it resets the sensor.

EDIT - I see it apparently does reset both, and it says to do so on the X AXIS (horizontally I think )
    Last edited by Detection; 11-28-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Well, did two sets of 10 figure eights with the tablet facing up, as in a drink tray, interrupted by ten figure eights facing me. I'll state that when done aggressively, it's a good workout. Not sure if I was supposed to do it like a workout, but that definitely didn't work.

Just did ten more, in more of a Tai-chi speed, figure eight from shoulder to waist height, rotating my body from left to right, still facing up. Not going to try it with a glass of water on it to verify keeping it level :-)

Still no joy unfortunately. But going to have an afterworkout slice of pecan pie now!
    Detection likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    haha its supposed to be 5 figure 8's and I don't think its supposed to give you a workout lol But I guess what you did should have made a difference if it was going to work.

Other than following the link in my sig for flashing a new stock ROM (Back to stock) this will completely erase EVERYTHING on the TF and install a new ROM - if that doesn't work it has to be a hardware issue and RMA seems about the last step unfortunately

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Ok, I've no fears on wiping the device, done it before with the factory reset, and have done it many times on my phone which has been ROMmed to a fair-thee-well. However, the link you have posted says not to use it on a device over B70, and I have a B90. No updates that I can find that do work on a B90. Makes me a bit more nervous about rooting it if I cannot even return it to stock. Already had to buy a new T-Bolt as I couldn't unroot the old one as the screen was dead.
    Drive to live, live to ride!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Ah yea with it being a B90 I would go along the RMA route rather than bricking / rooting, then having to pay to have it repaired

Oldbwl
    Didn't work for me either, but I now have arms like Arnie. I can see a new workout video coming.....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can anyone post a quick YouTube video of this technique actually working? I've got the same problem - on a level surface, my TF shows about 2-3° tilt. It would sure be nice to get it recalibrated!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    hi
    till yesterday, i had the same problem . but somehow, i solve this problem as below:
    1- i turned my GPS on
    2- i wen to settings/Location services and then, i activate all check marks.(Google Location service, GPS satellites and Location and Google search)
    3- then i went Outdoor where both GPS and WiFi could support my tablet
    4- i open my map.app and i let my GPS find my location
    5- then first i moved my tablet in 8 figure with the face up (horizontally). first i do it without rotating the tablet for 8 times. then do it for 8 times in the same way with rotating he tablet. then i start moving with the tablet in the 8 figure and at last, i start shaking it gently when i move it in the 8 figure . (i know. i seems like fools and some of my neighbors were wonder what i'm doing)
    but fortunately , it work for me. and now, may gyroscope work perfectly.
    i don't know witch move has calibrate the device. but it work.
    before doing this exercise, my device deviation was about 15 degree to right.
    i hope it work for everyone too. i love this tablet. but i don't know why the company doesn't do any thing for this problem. and also from the last Update when the firmware Changed to android 4.0.3, most of the time my device stop functioning and i had to hold the power key in order to reset and reboot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Detection View Post
    I`d say your ship is sinking

There used to be an issue with the compass which may or may not also reset the accelerometer - if you swing the TF in a figure of 8 (I never knew if it meant vertically or horizontally) but it said do that 5 times constantly it resets the sensor.

EDIT - I see it apparently does reset both, and it says to do so on the X AXIS (horizontally I think )

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links