Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Asus bricked my Transformer

So I got the 3.1 update notification and I ran it, and now my Transformer is stuck on the "Eee Pad" boot screen. I power off (hold the power button for 5 seconds), hold the Volume Down button to get the recovery screen, and press Volume Up to wipe data, and it says "Please wait a few minutes..." and is stuck with the Wipe Data logo.

In both instances, the speaker keeps popping. It sounds as if it's in some kind of loop, and even hitting Volume Up to enter RCK, I get the yield sign logo (white triangle with yellow exclamation point and the Android robot) and it gets stuck there.

As far as I know, this device is bricked. Are there any other solutions, such as plugging it into Windows and doing something there?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dhinged View Post
    So I got the 3.1 update notification and I ran it, and now my Transformer is stuck on the "Eee Pad" boot screen. I power off (hold the power button for 5 seconds), hold the Volume Down button to get the recovery screen, and press Volume Up to wipe data, and it says "Please wait a few minutes..." and is stuck with the Wipe Data logo.

In both instances, the speaker keeps popping. It sounds as if it's in some kind of loop, and even hitting Volume Up to enter RCK, I get the yield sign logo (white triangle with yellow exclamation point and the Android robot) and it gets stuck there.

As far as I know, this device is bricked. Are there any other solutions, such as plugging it into Windows and doing something there?

Have you tried pitting firmware zip file on microsd then just before the prompt to wipe u get 5 seconds to press vol up button to reinstall firmware. Worked for me when I was having problems.
    Gav

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No, where do I get the firmware zip file?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dhinged View Post
    No, where do I get the firmware zip file?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

From the asus website or I think there is a link in one of the stickys. It will be 3.0.1 unless they have updated it today but then youll get the FOTA 3.1 you just have to be sure u get the correct SKU or it wont work UK is "WW" US is obviously the us ect
    When u Down load and extract the zip there will be a folder caller asus and inside that another zip thats the one u put on the micro sd should be 205mb ish
    Hope this helps Gav

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. I returned it and bought the 32GB version. If it bricks too, I'll try that first, then return it if it doesn't work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    Same situation for me, I got bricked when updating to 4.0 ICS. I tried to reinstall firmware from sd card but didnīt worked. Anu suggestions?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by julipocket View Post
    Same situation for me, I got bricked when updating to 4.0 ICS. I tried to reinstall firmware from sd card but didnīt worked. Anu suggestions?

Check the ASUS download page and be sure you download the correct firmware for your tablet -- the G model is different (you have 3G version of tablet I assume)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links