Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times

Lack of a all in one video player and internet browser is a very bad aspect of TF

i bought TF rejecting ipad and other tablets and there are many amazing features it has but the lack of one all in one video player that plays all video types flawlessly (like vlc player for windows, the stock player is simply unable to open avi and mkv and you have to buy separate players from market to play separate file types) and the stock browser and all available market browsers are somewhat choppy on flash video streamings some choppy some stuck at frames and some simply refuse to play flash videos and some have downloading or uploading attachments inability in emails and other sites !!

These too things are simply heart breaking and i seriously didnt expect this from a 700 $ device (tab plus keyboard) . tablet is meant for usually entertainment purposes but these two aspects (video and browsing problems) might become a deal breaker for people in the future.

Do I have any hope of betterment in ICS or i should stop recommending TF to my friends who are asking me about its performance ?? I really love this tab and if ovecome these two issues it can beat IPAD market in no time.

MODERATORS IF YOU CAN PLZ SEND THIS MSG TO THE ANDROID AND ASUS ADMINISTRATION PEOPLE.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    I suspect having the expectations requested within an Internet browser is simply not realistic.

There are plenty of Internet sites which contain broken video code, outdated video codecs, "buggy" HTML, and other anomolies that fundamentally make viewing those sites a chore no matter what device one uses or what Browser. Some websites are simply defective in their presentations, as opposed to how any browser displays them - game sites are notorious for this experience.

The number of codecs for audio and video required to support every possible video format is enormous. There are several Internet Browsers for the Transformer (I use the stock browser without problems, including regular use on Flash-enabled websites), including the stock, Opera, Dolphin, and others.

I have used 9 different broswer products on my PC and on the Transformer. Most do a very good job on most websites. NOT ONE supports 100% clean presentation of every single website I have approached....that includes the PC.

As a side note...I have also used an iPad and iPad2 for some time, and found numerous issues with websites using 5 different browsers on those devices.

Bottom line - perfection in the Internet Browser world simply does not exist (on any platform). There are plenty of apps that will do a fine job on the Transformer on par with desktop PC browsers.
    Last edited by ASUSFAN0001; 11-12-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    I suspect having the expectations requested within an Internet browser is simply not realistic.

There are plenty of Internet sites which contain broken video code, outdated video codecs, "buggy" HTML, and other anomolies that fundamentally make viewing those sites a chore no matter what device one uses or what Browser. Some websites are simply defective in their presentations, as opposed to how any browser displays them - game sites are notorious for this experience.

The number of codecs for audio and video required to support every possible video format is enormous. There are several Internet Browsers for the Transformer (I use the stock browser without problems, including regular use on Flash-enabled websites), including the stock, Opera, Dolphin, and others.

I have used 9 different broswer products on my PC and on the Transformer. Most do a very good job on most websites. NOT ONE supports 100% clean presentation of every single website I have approached....that includes the PC.

As a side note...I have also used an iPad and iPad2 for some time, and found numerous issues with websites using 5 different browsers on those devices.

Bottom line - perfection in the Internet Browser world simply does not exist (on any platform). There are plenty of apps that will do a fine job on the Transformer on par with desktop PC browsers.
    NOT REALISTIC ? Well what about the flash videos playing flawlessly on my pc at the same time when they are choppy and frame stuck on my TF ? and stock browser crashes ? and inability too download files from filesonic megaupload and some other famous sites ? search the forum and you will find these problems frequently happening . being a fan is a good thing but closing your eyes from the defects doesnt help anyone.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    mobo and mx player supports all my video file types. if you're having problems with the stock browsers, there are a number of alternative browsers in the market that you may want to try.
    HTC Desire HD running on 2.3.3
    Asus EEE Pad Transformer with Keyoard Dock on 3.2.1
    Clone Quad Core Desktop (Win 7 64bit)/ Acer Aspire 4736 (Win7 32bit)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I paid for Dice player as it plays almost all movie files perfectly, yeah I agree it should have been installed when I bought it, it cost$5, couldnt that be added to the price of the tf and included! The included software that I dont want and cant be unistalled. why not have dice player installed at time of buying?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hackurb View Post
    NOT REALISTIC ? Well what about the flash videos playing flawlessly on my pc at the same time when they are choppy and frame stuck on my TF ? and stock browser crashes ? and inability too download files from filesonic megaupload and some other famous sites ? search the forum and you will find these problems frequently happening . being a fan is a good thing but closing your eyes from the defects doesnt help anyone.
    Yes...not realistic.

Your comparison of a PC to a Transformer connected via wireless is an invalid comparison, in terms of expected results in every case.

There is no defect, and claiming there is in terms of Flash playback on certain sites is simply wrong.

How about posting 6 sites that play back choppy for you so that others can see if can be duplicated?

It could be something as simple as your wireless connection, router, or some other source....but we'll see when we do a duplicate test. Thanks.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markjeff View Post
    mobo and mx player supports all my video file types. if you're having problems with the stock browsers, there are a number of alternative browsers in the market that you may want to try.
    Agree on both counts.

That's why I listed just of the few other browser alternatives in my previous post to test. If the OP gets the same results, it would appear to point to something related to the wireless connection or router handling.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hackurb View Post
    You may, due to a lack of information, be looking in the wrong spot for the problem Since many of us are not having the issues you are having, including me, there is something else going on.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links