Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Internet connection through phone via bluetooth?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    @Frederuco. Thanks, I tried that but no go. I also tried using pdaNet tablet beta but was not successful. I wonder if it might be something Verizon is doing but will take a fresh second round by trying again from scratch. I have no problems pairing and connecting but don't get the Internet aaccess going.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Some phones do not allow the Bluetooth internet profiles. Before I got hotspotting on my AT&T iPhone, I could pair, but no internet through the Bluetooth but it was the phone blocking it, not the Transformer.

Depending on your phone, you may want to check out some of the sister forums (DroidForums.net, DroidXForums.com and Android.net) to see if you have any luck there. Also, a search of our forum for your phone may yield some answers too. If it is an HTC phone (or one with three characters) search using a term like "HTC "Desire with a space inside the quotes so it searches for HTC.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by enrite View Post
    @Frederuco. Thanks, I tried that but no go. I also tried using pdaNet tablet beta but was not successful. I wonder if it might be something Verizon is doing but will take a fresh second round by trying again from scratch. I have no problems pairing and connecting but don't get the Internet aaccess going.
    You have to change you network settings to CDMA only on the Bionic for it to tether. For some reason it only tethers in 3g. Hopefully, the expected update will fix that. The Droid Razr allows you to tether in 4g. To tether with the Bionic. Switch to CDMA only and pair your devices. Click on the wrench and you will see the option to connect to the internet. It works. You will see both icons. If you have a Bionic or Razr you do not need a tethering app. I've used both phones with success tethering to the transformer. Neither phone has root.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links