Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Presentations on the move...

Hi All,

I have ordered a transformer and am waiting on stock before I receive it. The main reason I went for this item is that is small and will go all day on a charge. I do a lot of travel with my work and often am editing presentations on the move (and then presenting). So I really need to be able to either:

1. Plug in my machine to an (almost always VGA) overhead projector in so i can present what I have been working on.

or.

2. Export my presentation to a pdf on a USB stick and put that in someone elses machine sop i can present.

I would really prefer option 1. ... so will this item work with the transformer?
    Mini hdmi male to vga svga female 15 pin cable adapter | eBay

if not .. is it possible to export presentations to pdf from the inbuilt office software suite?

Really looking forward to getting this machine, but if I cannot do either of these it will limit its usefulness for me on the road.

If it is not possible, then I will still love this great little tablet & dock

Pab

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    No telling if that adapter will work, or if the app you want to use will output over HDMI. You may be the only one that ever tries. I suggest getting the rig, then reporting back on your success or failure. Keep those receipts!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a very basic mini-HDMI-to-Female HDMI adapter, and that worked +perfectly+ with an HDMI monitor input. Seems like standard output, so in theory you should be good (although I agree that the particular adapter you have there is as yet untested).

As for option 2, I would suggest a micro SD + USB card reader. I keep a couple of micro SD cards with me, and a couple of adapters (micro SD to full SD and micro SD to full USB), that way I am ready for anything.
    ---
    16gb TF101 + SOLO Netbook case + Skinomi screen protector + Logitech BT keyboard for Android

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    ...I, too, would like to know how to do these outward-facing tasks. I bought my Transformer to sell my photography services and think most of that will be on the TF screen, but I'd like to know how to effectively show on a larger screen when it is available.

OP, please check back with the experiences you have with various adapters, software, etc.

jonathan7007

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    21 times
    I would like to say forget the VGA, I do presentations with my Transformer and love it, both my projectors have HDMI so you might check yours. I use the mini HDMI to HDMI cable into my projector or a LCD TV and it not only gives me a great picture but also sound, my projectors have a small speaker, I have a long cable so I can be with the group with my TF on my lap or in hand and talk to them face to face. I have not tried using the Bluetooth, yet.
    And when they are gone you can bring up Angry Birds Rio and in my case hear your wife say "Oh no!" I must say I really like my Transformer and happy for you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, I finally received the item I linked to above. Unfortunately I was heading out the door on 2 weeks holidays in Portugal at the time (not so unfortunate I guess). I finally got to test the cable today on our boardroom overhead projector ... it failed

Also, Polaris does not support exporting pdf. So all I can do for now is is save .ppt to USB stick and insert that in someone else's Mac/PC ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I would like to say forget the VGA...
    I would love to forget about VGA Wally, but I was really talking about use on the road. Sadly 99% of overhead projectors that I am expected to use are not under my control. The average hotel meeting room in Brussels is not equipped with DVI or HDMI ... VGA is still the order of the day.

I expect that the Asus mini hdmi to VGA cable will work, but that seems to be rarer that the TF was about 2 months ago...

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    140 times

Ads