Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Connecting a compact flash card reader or similar

Hi i just took delivery of the Transformer and i would like to use it to look at my images.

Is it possible to connect an external Compact flash/Multi card reader by using the USB connector of the Transformer? What alternatives do i ahve?
    many thanks
    Rene

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Yes, I presume you have the keyboard as well and can use the USB ports.. I wanted this player mainly for sharing pictures I have taken. I use a 500gb portable hard drive and it works a treat. The only thing is you can only view the pictures one at a time
    which is very annoying to say the least. I thought you would have been able to select a folder then thumb through them on the screen without having to download them onto the player itself. I have searched for A picture viewing app for andriod but with no luck so far...It needs something like AcdSee which is superb for the PC.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply but i dont have the keyboard.i thought i could use the usb connection to connect a card reader.i know now that it cant be done,very annoying. My wife has cheap chinese epad and it has a full blown usb port andit works fine when i connect the card reader.
    Rene

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The Tablet doesn't have a USB port, but there is a USB conector in the pipeline that will connect to the charging port, dont know when that wll be released though, or how much it will cost, thats why I went for the keyboard as well, it has 2 usb ports on and a full size SD card slot . The only other way is to transfer your pictures to a micro S/D card and use that to view your pics, but as I said before its annoying only being able to view one picture at a time unless you download then onto the Transformers hard drive, the whole idea of using the external HD was to save space on the Tablet..

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    It is definitely annoying. @Rene you would probably be interested in the adapter that turns the proprietary input into a USB port. I don't believe it's out yet though.

Sent from my Transformer

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I sympathise. This is why I went for the TF bundled with the dock - to me it is what sets this tablet apart from the competition, and for only a few pounds/bucks more. Disappointing to see that there are very few accessories available yet, but sounds like the one mentioned above will offer the facility you are looking for.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links