Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

My transformer sometimes just power on & off automatically by itself

When I finish using the transformer, I hit the power button to turn it off. A minute later, it automatically turn on by itself. Since it's not used, it turns itself off after aminute. And it will just in a loop, on & off by itself.

This does not happen all the time. But, I've run into many times already. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    it's doing it right now. I only takes 5 seconds for it to turn on. And it stays on for about 10 seconds. Shut down. 5 seconds later, it is on again. And it goes like that for awhile now.
    I logon, and and hit the power button. This time it stays down. Weird.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Been on google and havent come across that problem

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by net.browser View Post
    it's doing it right now. I only takes 5 seconds for it to turn on. And it stays on for about 10 seconds. Shut down. 5 seconds later, it is on again. And it goes like that for awhile now.
    I logon, and and hit the power button. This time it stays down. Weird.
    Try shutting it off to clear it out of whatever loop it may be in. See if this is just a 1 time oddity. If it continues you may have a defect or something really strange causing it to wake up like an alarm or reminder.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Try shutting it off to clear it out of whatever loop it may be in. See if this is just a 1 time oddity. If it continues you may have a defect or something really strange causing it to wake up like an alarm or reminder.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    when I couldn't turn it off (because it keeps coming back on), I had to do a hard shutdown. restart it will resolve this problem for awhile...

Perhaps it is caused by some of the apps I have installed.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I was just about to say you may have an application running that is trying to turn it on for some reason. Go through what you recently installed and see if there are any options / settings in the apps that might account for this behaviour.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have just had a similar thing happen. I had run down the battery last night and was doing It's first full charge overnight. This morning it had fully charged so I shut it down and put it away in its case. I have just got it out again and felt it was warm, when I opened it, it was already on again. Bizare, how does that happen, maybe the update tomorrow will fix it!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I have just had a similar thing happen. I had run down the battery last night and was doing It's first full charge overnight. This morning it had fully charged so I shut it down and put it away in its case. I have just got it out again and felt it was warm, when I opened it, it was already on again. Bizare, how does that happen, maybe the update tomorrow will fix it!!!
    Exact same problem with mine. Any fixes? Only had my Asus transformer a bit over a week. Latest o/s ver.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Could be the same trigger that I think also got my tablet to misbehave?

Curious, does it disapper if you switch off wifi before letting it go to sleep?
    If so, it might do the trick to set the wifi disconnect policy to 'when screen turns off'.

Cheers,
    Willem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

mine has the same problem on and off by itself.... pissed

hello this is my second eee pad transformer the first one had the bad speaker balance and a loose case corner so i returned it to amazon then today I get my second one. It has much better build quality and had android 3.1 pre installed on it and the speakers worked just fine. When I would set the second one down and let it go to sleep all of a sudden the boot up screen would show up or if i would pick it up to wake it from sleep it wouldn't turn on it was just off so I would have to hold the power button and get it to boot up. Im so mad right now and amazon is sending me my 3rd one now as we speak so 3rd times a charm as they say well lets hope.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links