Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShaneAllen

Thread: Frozen screen

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Frozen screen

2 days in and screen has completely frozen - dock still works fine. Also sound seems to have vanished now. Tried hard reset but no good. Any ideas?

Quick question (as I suspect this is software/firmware related) - I am on Android 3.0.1 - is this correct?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times
    had the same issue-i drained the battery until it was forced to shut off then connect to power supply.it came back..im new to android i have to learn not to shut down services it affects alot of things including stability....i dont know if its a software or hardware issue but pressing the power button is unresponsive--the only downfall in an otherwise great machine
    larrymg likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by keligamer View Post
    2 days in and screen has completely frozen - dock still works fine. Also sound seems to have vanished now. Tried hard reset but no good. Any ideas?

Quick question (as I suspect this is software/firmware related) - I am on Android 3.0.1 - is this correct?
    Yes 3.0.1 is the correct version. I'm not sure how it works but some are saying something about pressing and holding the power button and the down volumn button at the same time for 15-20 seconds. I'm not really sure how long but it's worth a try.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Yes 3.0.1 is the correct version. I'm not sure how it works but some are saying something about pressing and holding the power button and the down volumn button at the same time for 15-20 seconds. I'm not really sure how long but it's worth a try.

Yup, that's what I did. Will try the drain battery suggestion mentioned above, thanks ShaneAllen

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Battery drain didn't work, have contacted to Asus but holiday weekend.

Seen other threads about this so seems a relatively common problem.

Edit: Oops, didn't drain it completely; second time worked
    Last edited by keligamer; 05-28-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Update: Tried every fix I could identify on the forums as I was also draining the battery as suggested on AndroidForums. After 4 days waiting for the battery to drain, I was able to restart the TF and get active responses to the touchscreen. Unfortunately I had performed a reset and wipe earlier so I am having to reload everything. I am happy to have a functioning TF again, but have serious concerns about this failure and this awkward repair method. Additionally, I have still not had a response from ASUS support from 5 days ago.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymg View Post
    Update: Tried every fix I could identify on the forums as I was also draining the battery as suggested on AndroidForums. After 4 days waiting for the battery to drain, I was able to restart the TF and get active responses to the touchscreen. Unfortunately I had performed a reset and wipe earlier so I am having to reload everything. I am happy to have a functioning TF again, but have serious concerns about this failure and this awkward repair method. Additionally, I have still not had a response from ASUS support from 5 days ago.
    That is good you are finally up and going but terrible about Asus customer service for you. Hopefully this isn't the norm for them.

Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Have had same issue with frozen screen. Seems to happen after going to sleep or after being separated from keyboard while on. My solution was to redock to keyboard and then shut down. I then powered TF back up. Has worked in each occurrence.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same issue, fixed by holding the Power and Volume Down buttons for about 5 seconds.

Ads