Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    18 times

Some "Browser Using Apps" and some Apps won't browse to Removable - MicroSd card.

Ok dudes, here's the deal.

I just got a 32gb 4 class Toshiba MicroSd card for my Asus Transformer, and inserted it properly to the pad itself, to free some space from the already mounted 16gb internal Memory of the transfomer.

I then transfered most of my files, (specially mp3) to the new MicroSd.

Any file manager I use as for the transformer itself, recognized and worked perfectly with the new MicroSd.

Vplayer could open Video files from the new MicroSd, and play them, and the Music player of the transformer can play the music files without problem.

Now here is the problem:

Some apps, like PlayerPro, and PowerAmp who are supposed to play music by browsing folders can't reach the MicroSd card for some reason.
    (my mp3 tags are such a mess that I have to use a music player which can browse folders, since I arranged my music files accordingly),

Each time I try to set the default music folder of either app, they can't go beyond "sdcard" and can't reach the "removable" folder.

There should be a way to set those players to browse music files from folders under removable devices. But couldn't find any.

What is even more interesting, is that both Apps will play any of the mp3 inside the new MicroSd if browsed by genre, or albums.

I tried Another 16gb class4 MicroSD from Sandisk, the problem is the same. So I am sure it's not a card or hardware problem.

Also, Adobe reader couldn't detect a pdf file under Micro SD, but I was able to open it by double clicking the file with that same Adobe Reader?

And again, PolarisOffice easily detects the MicroSD and opens files under it, as the Gallery app does.

So Here is my question:

What's happening there?? Is there a Player somewhere that can reach the removable folder? And why some apps won't detect files under the new microsd while others can.

tnx for any help.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    The issue here is a lot of apps have not been rewritten for Honeycomb. Most phones, the microSD is the "sdcard" directory. On the TF, this is in the /Removable/ directory.

What I typically do is just use a file manager to open the file in the player of my choice. I know MoboPlayer can see the microSD card to detect media too. You have to set the default directory(s) in the app, but it will work.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    18 times
    Tnx dude, that was a clear answer. I'll check that app, but later I found out that this app also can see the microsd without problem:

https://market.android.com/details?i...e=related_apps

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links