I'm really not sure what specifically is wrong with my TF101, so I was hoping you guys could help. Last Saturday I dropped my tablet. It was in a case, and it worked fine afterwards, so I didn't think much of it. Wednesday night, though, the screen started flickering. I hit the power button to put it to sleep, but had to grab something else off of it so I tried to wake it back up. It never woke up.

The next day I took it into my computer and plugged it into the USB. My computer saw it and mounted it successfully, so I figured when I dropped it the screen connector came loose (I've read about that issue several times in this forum). I thought, "No big deal, I'll just crack this thing open and tighten that plug".

No such luck.

I got it open and checked, all plugs seemed tight. I saw various things online that showed me two plugs to check. I confirmed they were plugged in tightly, but my screen doesn't turn on. (I've circled the plugs I was told to check in the attached image).

Name: tf101mobo.jpg
Views: 46
Size: 19.6 KB

It's hard to tell, but I don't think the backlight is turning on either, hence my original thought that it was a loose connection somewhere. I can't see any broken crystals in the display, so it may be OK if I could just get it to turn on. Also, since it worked fine Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and most of Wednesday before messing up I doubt it's something serious (but I could very well be wrong).

As you can probably tell, I'm not afraid to open this thing up and fix what's wrong myself, I'm just out of ideas. Anyone else run into a similar problem? If I have to I'll send it somewhere to get repaired, but money's tight (plus I'm rommed so warranty's out) so I'd like to try to do it myself if possible.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll provide as much information as I can -- just ask!