Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Turns off and Wifi issue

Hi.
    This is the second time that when i turns on my tablet (TF101) it is not recognaizing the WiFi and after few seconds he turns off by itself and then turns on again, by it self. It's making it again and again till i force it to turn off.
    Last time it happends i reboot it, but i don't think this is the way to solve this.
    Can some one help me please to solve this problem?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    985 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alonl View Post
    Hi.
    This is the second time that when i turns on my tablet (TF101) it is not recognaizing the WiFi and after few seconds he turns off by itself and then turns on again, by it self. It's making it again and again till i force it to turn off.
    Last time it happends i reboot it, but i don't think this is the way to solve this.
    Can some one help me please to solve this problem?
    Hello Aloni. Sorry to hear of your WIFI and restart problem.

Lets see if a Hard Reset solves this for you.
    Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

Let me know if this works.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Hello Aloni. Sorry to hear of your WIFI and restart problem.

Lets see if a Hard Reset solves this for you.
    Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

Let me know if this works.

Hello Jeffrey and thanks for the reply.
    Before i will try it i just want to know if this hard reset will delet all of the things that i have download or they will be saved?
    Alon

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    743 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alonl View Post
    Hello Jeffrey and thanks for the reply.
    Before i will try it i just want to know if this hard reset will delet all of the things that i have download or they will be saved?
    Alon
    Alon the Hard Reset is totally safe. If you do a Factory Reset then it will erase everything on the Transformer. So go ahead and follow the instructions listed above.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Alon the Hard Reset is totally safe. If you do a Factory Reset then it will erase everything on the Transformer. So go ahead and follow the instructions listed above.

Thanks for the answer.
    Can you also please tell me what is the reason that i'm trying to connect to a diferent WiFi, in another place other then in my house, it's not being connected.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After updating to the latest build (HTJ85B.WW_epad-8.6.5.9-20110816), which I guess was released 16 Aug., I have the exact same problem. It happens only when I turn the screen off with the hard button and then turn it on again: the wifi keeps turning off and on constantly until I exit the setting screen a few times and fiddle with airplane mode. I've changed the wifi disconnect policy from "when screen turns off" to "never when plugged in". we'll see if that makes a difference. I guess when it's on "Never" it should be ok, since it won't disconnect wifi. But I imagine putting it airplane mode of shutting off wifi manually could cause the problem again. If this doesn't work I'll try a hard reset.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
    After updating to the latest build (HTJ85B.WW_epad-8.6.5.9-20110816), which I guess was released 16 Aug., I have the exact same problem. It happens only when I turn the screen off with the hard button and then turn it on again: the wifi keeps turning off and on constantly until I exit the setting screen a few times and fiddle with airplane mode. I've changed the wifi disconnect policy from "when screen turns off" to "never when plugged in". we'll see if that makes a difference. I guess when it's on "Never" it should be ok, since it won't disconnect wifi. But I imagine putting it airplane mode of shutting off wifi manually could cause the problem again. If this doesn't work I'll try a hard reset.
    Hi,

Suggest you look at the thread "WiFi acting up".

I had a problem with wifi switching on/off in a crazy manner after sleep. Uninstalling Google maps updates, as suggested in this thread seems to have resolved it.

Ads