Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    9845
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times

    Turns off and Wifi issue

    Hi.
    This is the second time that when i turns on my tablet (TF101) it is not recognaizing the WiFi and after few seconds he turns off by itself and then turns on again, by it self. It's making it again and again till i force it to turn off.
    Last time it happends i reboot it, but i don't think this is the way to solve this.
    Can some one help me please to solve this problem?



  2. #2
    Administrator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    2531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8,576
    Liked
    985 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alonl View Post
    Hi.
    This is the second time that when i turns on my tablet (TF101) it is not recognaizing the WiFi and after few seconds he turns off by itself and then turns on again, by it self. It's making it again and again till i force it to turn off.
    Last time it happends i reboot it, but i don't think this is the way to solve this.
    Can some one help me please to solve this problem?
    Hello Aloni. Sorry to hear of your WIFI and restart problem.

    Lets see if a Hard Reset solves this for you.
    Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

    Let me know if this works.

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    9845
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Hello Aloni. Sorry to hear of your WIFI and restart problem.

    Lets see if a Hard Reset solves this for you.
    Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

    Let me know if this works.

    Hello Jeffrey and thanks for the reply.
    Before i will try it i just want to know if this hard reset will delet all of the things that i have download or they will be saved?
    Alon

  4. #4
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    183
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    6,263
    Liked
    743 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alonl View Post
    Hello Jeffrey and thanks for the reply.
    Before i will try it i just want to know if this hard reset will delet all of the things that i have download or they will be saved?
    Alon
    Alon the Hard Reset is totally safe. If you do a Factory Reset then it will erase everything on the Transformer. So go ahead and follow the instructions listed above.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    9845
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Alon the Hard Reset is totally safe. If you do a Factory Reset then it will erase everything on the Transformer. So go ahead and follow the instructions listed above.

    Thanks for the answer.
    Can you also please tell me what is the reason that i'm trying to connect to a diferent WiFi, in another place other then in my house, it's not being connected.

  6. #6
    Soundwave
    Member #
    10656
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    0 times
    After updating to the latest build (HTJ85B.WW_epad-8.6.5.9-20110816), which I guess was released 16 Aug., I have the exact same problem. It happens only when I turn the screen off with the hard button and then turn it on again: the wifi keeps turning off and on constantly until I exit the setting screen a few times and fiddle with airplane mode. I've changed the wifi disconnect policy from "when screen turns off" to "never when plugged in". we'll see if that makes a difference. I guess when it's on "Never" it should be ok, since it won't disconnect wifi. But I imagine putting it airplane mode of shutting off wifi manually could cause the problem again. If this doesn't work I'll try a hard reset.

  7. #7
    Jazz
    Member #
    3252
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Côte d'Azur, France
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
    After updating to the latest build (HTJ85B.WW_epad-8.6.5.9-20110816), which I guess was released 16 Aug., I have the exact same problem. It happens only when I turn the screen off with the hard button and then turn it on again: the wifi keeps turning off and on constantly until I exit the setting screen a few times and fiddle with airplane mode. I've changed the wifi disconnect policy from "when screen turns off" to "never when plugged in". we'll see if that makes a difference. I guess when it's on "Never" it should be ok, since it won't disconnect wifi. But I imagine putting it airplane mode of shutting off wifi manually could cause the problem again. If this doesn't work I'll try a hard reset.
    Hi,

    Suggest you look at the thread "WiFi acting up".

    I had a problem with wifi switching on/off in a crazy manner after sleep. Uninstalling Google maps updates, as suggested in this thread seems to have resolved it.

 

 

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. I can not see anything. Only the backlight turns on
    By jonny00707 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
  2. Obtaining IP Address - WIFI issue - Possible fix
    By mjp_oz in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 08:08 AM
  3. Turns off
    By alonl in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 10:35 AM
  4. MyCloud splashtop remote turns of my wifi
    By sigurgg in forum Applications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 06:17 PM
  5. WIFI issue when connecting to home router
    By Kaallis in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:07 PM

Search tags for this page

galaxy s2 wifi auto off

,
galaxy s2 wifi automatically turns off
,

galaxy s2 wifi keeps turning off

,
galaxy s2 wifi turn off itselft
,

galaxy s2 wifi turns off

,
my s2 wifi turns off automatically
,
s2 wifi auto off
,

samsung galaxy s2 wifi keeps turning off

,
samsung galaxy s2 wifi keeps turning on and off
,

samsung galaxy s2 wifi turns off by itself

,

transformer t101 turns off wifi

,
when i turn on wifi on samsung galaxy s2 it automatically turns off
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:50 PM.