Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Blank Screen Issues - Need Help

I am having issues with my less than 30 day old TF. For some reason it decides to have the screen go blank, only the back button arrow, home button and the multi-page button appear on the bottom left. On the rights side it shows time, WiFi connection and battyer status bar, but nothing else. If i hit the home button, the button lights up but nothing changes - blank screen, if i hit the right side of screen the WiFi button then the screen shows the window with clock, Wifi and all my settings and i can go in and look/change anything in there but the screen stays blank.
    When the screen does work properly (which is becoming less frequently) I can search my apps, browse the internet or play games it seems to happen only after the screen goes blank after it is in the sleep mode.
    Jjust last night it was working fine, noticed that the battery was level was very low, I recharged it back to full then read a few chapters of a book on my TF, hit the power button to turn it off. Woke up this morning turn it back on - same thing blank home screen.

I hate to think that i have to return this TF, this will be my second one to return for a replacement (first TF would not download any apps). I am starting to think i am jinked with the TF's.
    I had hoped with the new ASUS update today that it would somehow fix the blank screen issue. I downloaded the new update and when it powered back up, slide the circle to unlock - bland screen.

Any suggestions - i have rebooted many times, did a cold boot with the same results.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitti56 View Post
    I am having issues with my less than 30 day old TF. For some reason it decides to have the screen go blank, only the back button arrow, home button and the multi-page button appear on the bottom left. On the rights side it shows time, WiFi connection and battyer status bar, but nothing else. If i hit the home button, the button lights up but nothing changes - blank screen, if i hit the right side of screen the WiFi button then the screen shows the window with clock, Wifi and all my settings and i can go in and look/change anything in there but the screen stays blank.
    When the screen does work properly (which is becoming less frequently) I can search my apps, browse the internet or play games it seems to happen only after the screen goes blank after it is in the sleep mode.
    Jjust last night it was working fine, noticed that the battery was level was very low, I recharged it back to full then read a few chapters of a book on my TF, hit the power button to turn it off. Woke up this morning turn it back on - same thing blank home screen.

I hate to think that i have to return this TF, this will be my second one to return for a replacement (first TF would not download any apps). I am starting to think i am jinked with the TF's.
    I had hoped with the new ASUS update today that it would somehow fix the blank screen issue. I downloaded the new update and when it powered back up, slide the circle to unlock - bland screen.

Any suggestions - i have rebooted many times, did a cold boot with the same results.
    We had the same problem today with another member. Turns out he downloaded an App that was corrupting the TF. If you downloaded any apps recently, delete them and reboot. Let us know if this works for you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for replying,
    I have not downloaded any apps for some time now and the ones that i have downloaded have all been thru the Android Market website.
    Will start deleting apps one at a time to see if i can narrow this problem down. I am begining to think it would be easier to trade this TF in for a new TF.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Thanks for replying,
    I have not downloaded any apps for some time now and the ones that i have downloaded have all been thru the Android Market website.
    Will start deleting apps one at a time to see if i can narrow this problem down. I am begining to think it would be easier to trade this TF in for a new TF.
    It doesn't matter if you got them at the market as it could have just installed improperly.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    You are looking at a Factory Reset. It will erase all your apps, data, and media off the device and it will like it was as a new device. If this works then I suggest installing your apps 1-2 at a time to discover which one is the culprit or you'll probably be in the same boat again. Yes it is a pain but it sounds like this is what is happening to you. If the Factory Reset doesn't help then you have a defect.

If you delete them 1 at a time you will probably also have to shut down and restart the Transformer after the uninstall for it to be a clean uninstall.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, I will do a Factory Reset later today, then start reloading a few apps at a time to find out if thare is an app that is causing this headache.
    Thanks,

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Thanks, I will do a Factory Reset later today, then start reloading a few apps at a time to find out if thare is an app that is causing this headache.
    Thanks,
    It you type a list of your apps maybe something will stick out as being BAD news for the Transformer and we might can save you some time and a reset!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links