Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

CCTV Video through the USB port

Hi guys

As a novice in this world of androids and transformers I am looking for some help. I would like to be able to view CCTV camera feeds on my TF101 via the USB port. I understand I need a suitable application and I need the OS to understand that I am pushing video in through the port but I am having a hell of a time of finding a solution.

So please can anybody help????

Cheers

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2677 times
    Welcome to the forum (and Android).

My gut reaction is that is is most likely not possible at this time. You need 2 things - first, a driver to allow the CCTV camera to work with the TF, and secondly you need an app to use the camera.

The only devices I have seen work with the TF USB ports to transfer data are devices that support mass storage. There is a report that the updated (2nd firmware for 3.2 scheduled for US tomorrow) enables at least one LAN ethernet card for the TF. I have not seen one user who has been able to get a device (3G modem, external optical drive, Smartphone) to work because there are no drivers built into the system for that. This may be something for the future, but today it is not there.

With that being said, even if you have software to do it, with no drivers, it will not work.

The only chance it may work is if the CCTV camera was designed specifically to be able to plug into the TF (or Android) and then it would have its own app and drivers to make it work.

There may be a better chance with a WiFi webcam viewable through a browser, but your best chance is to hook it up to a PC or Mac and then use a remote connection (Splashtop, RDC or VNC) to view the screen of that computer.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the welcome and the info. I was sort of fearing this. The reason for the query is that I am looking to introduce it into the work place and part of our work is to snap shot CCTV images on CCTV systems most of which are still coax wired systems recording onto stand alone systems such as DAT recorders or VHS. I think I might go down the wifi route now. If I ever come up with the answer I will let you know.

Cheers

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links