Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Hdmi to dvi-d monitor

Hi
    I have an early TF101 and am trying to watch via my Dell monitor... The Dell doesn't have an HDMI input so I got a mini hdmi to dvi-d cable... Plug it all in... Have the hdmi icon next to the clock and the monitor selected to dvi-d input... Nothing... Says no input from the Transformer.
    There is a percentage chance it's a bad cable from the factory but looking on the web I notice some transformer models have a 'two screens' key needs pressing the... Mine has no such key (key to take screen shot seems to be there instead).... Can't find any menu driven way to activate the hdmi (if that's what's needed).
    Any advice or ideas
    K
    (unfortunately I don't have any other devices using dvi-d or mini hdmi to try the cable on)

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Hi
    I have an early TF101 and am trying to watch via my Dell monitor... The Dell doesn't have an HDMI input so I got a mini hdmi to dvi-d cable... Plug it all in... Have the hdmi icon next to the clock and the monitor selected to dvi-d input... Nothing... Says no input from the Transformer.
    There is a percentage chance it's a bad cable from the factory but looking on the web I notice some transformer models have a 'two screens' key needs pressing the... Mine has no such key (key to take screen shot seems to be there instead).... Can't find any menu driven way to activate the hdmi (if that's what's needed).
    Any advice or ideas
    K
    (unfortunately I don't have any other devices using dvi-d or mini hdmi to try the cable on)
    Hello,

Thank you for posting and we are sorry to hear of the issue. Could you please provide to us the model number for the external monitor?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for posting and we are sorry to hear of the issue. Could you please provide to us the model number for the external monitor?

Sorry for the delay I have been away ---- the monitor is a Dell ... the model number is 2007 WFPb

I have tried using alternative cables but with no success ---- for info the monitor display perfectly from my wife's chromebook via the same cable and DVI input.... from the chromebook it was nescessary to enable 'Mirroring' there appears to be no matching command on the Transformer.

Many Thanks

Keith

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    Sorry for the delay I have been away ---- the monitor is a Dell ... the model number is 2007 WFPb

I have tried using alternative cables but with no success ---- for info the monitor display perfectly from my wife's chromebook via the same cable and DVI input.... from the chromebook it was nescessary to enable 'Mirroring' there appears to be no matching command on the Transformer.

Many Thanks

Keith
    The option for mirror should appear when you swipe down from the notification bar. However, what version of Android are you using?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    The option for mirror should appear when you swipe down from the notification bar. However, what version of Android are you using?
    Hi There
    my android version is 4.0.3

not sure what you mean by swipe down from the notification bar.

regards

Keith

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    Hi There
    my android version is 4.0.3

not sure what you mean by swipe down from the notification bar.

regards

Keith
    Thank you for the response. Can you test this with a TV or any other display has a HDMI port?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the response. Can you test this with a TV or any other display has a HDMI port?
    I will try that... It just seems odd that my wife's chromebook works perfectly well with the same cable and monitor and the monitor reads that it is connected but there's no input from the transformer.... Seems like the output from the Asus is faulty or inhibited in some way
    Regards
    Keith

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links