Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Locked Out (and embarrassed)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Locked Out (and embarrassed)

Hoping someone could help me out, so i was screwing around with my new 32 gig eee pad transformer and locked myself out (i know haha). It brought me into a screen in which i could pop in my gmail account and pass. Which i did correctly, but am being told that i have typed in the wrong info. Is it possible to do a factory reset while locked out? Is there anything else i could do?!?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    999 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DR_ View Post
    Hoping someone could help me out, so i was screwing around with my new 32 gig eee pad transformer and locked myself out (i know haha). It brought me into a screen in which i could pop in my gmail account and pass. Which i did correctly, but am being told that i have typed in the wrong info. Is it possible to do a factory reset while locked out? Is there anything else i could do?!?
    Hello Dr and welcome to the Forum.. Let's see if we can get you going. First we will try a hard reset. This will not wipe your data. If this doesn't get you back in then a factory reset should.

Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    OK so you forgot the password for the Transformer and you also forgot the password of your gmail account? The safest thing for us to do here is to tell you to log onto your PC and go to Google.com and hit the forgot password link. They will help you to reset your password.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    will try that, thank you

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    OK so you forgot the password for the Transformer and you also forgot the password of your gmail account? The safest thing for us to do here is to tell you to log onto your PC and go to Google.com and hit the forgot password link. They will help you to reset your password.

nope the google account isnt the problem, i tried simply logging in and it worked fine on my computer

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Hello Dr and welcome to the Forum.. Let's see if we can get you going. First we will try a hard reset. This will not wipe your data. If this doesn't get you back in then a factory reset should.

Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

so i tried the cold boot and it returned me to the user and password screen , is there anything i could do through the computer or no?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    OK I'm confused because I have an Android phone and a friend set the pattern lock on it and I had no idea what pattern to unlock the phone so after 3-4 wrong entries I was able to hit the forgot pattern button and all I had to do then was enter my Google ID and password that was attached to that phone and it unlocked it for me. So the same thing ought to happen for you. Turn your Transformer on and hit the wrong password 3-4 times and it should give you the option of saying that you forgot your password. Then just enter the Google account info you mentioned above and it should unlock it, if you are entering the Google info that is attached to that Transformer.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    999 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DR_ View Post
    so i tried the cold boot and it returned me to the user and password screen , is there anything i could do through the computer or no?
    Dr, I want you to enter your user name and password 4 consecutive times to get you to the forgot password screen

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    999 times
    DR, Are you still locked out??

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    DR, Are you still locked out??
    yup still locked out, tried entering the pass enough times that i can no longer enter it, now im just stuck on the google account screen and am entering the user and pass i set it up with (my gmail account) and yes i am sure that i am entering it correctly

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads