Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: rejuvenate my tf101 - browser, sloth etc...

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Depends... maybe..... possibly......
    Look at it this way: in it's current state the tablet is unusable. A bricked tablet also is unusable.
    No difference!
    And it's harder to completely brick a device than you think.
    Most really bad mistakes happen when people panic. Something is not going as expected and the user aborts a format or attempts something .... creative and boom......
    Make this mental note: If something goes wrong you can always just connect the thing to power AND LEAVE IT AS IT IS.
    That gives you time to ask advice and wait for an answer.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, I have wiped my TF101 3 times with the factory reset (someone recommended this number of times) after saving my apps & data to an external source. I found the download for the custom recovery. HOWEVER, there is a recommendation for APX drivers on this site...I'm not sure what to do here. Skip this since they are old?

I have downloaded the EasyFlasher zip folder to my PC. I unzipped it. I clicked on the .exe file. It wanted to make changes to my PC. I backed out - not sure if this is correct. I read through Frederuco's Guide to Root and ROM the TF101, and it has only brought more questions. Why do I want to get the recovery working on my PC? Don't I just want to transfer the file to my TF101? Further, how do I get the EasyFlasher download from my flash drive to my TF101. Is there a particular place in settings I have to go to allow this to load, perhaps here: SETTINGS>SECURITY>DEVICE ADMINISTRATION>ALLOW INSTALLATION OF NON-MARKET APPS? Or once I insert the flash drive and access the download will I get little pop up notifications where I can approve installation?

Enough thought for today. I don't have a problem doing this little by little. Once I do this this time I'm sure I will understand more....so sorry.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    No problem. Taking your time is good.
    Asking until you understand what you are doing is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancy859 View Post
    OK, I have wiped my TF101 3 times with the factory reset (someone recommended this number of times) after saving my apps & data to an external source. I found the download for the custom recovery. HOWEVER, there is a recommendation for APX drivers on this site...I'm not sure what to do here. Skip this since they are old?
    No, you will need the APX drivers on your PC to communicate with your tablet and get EasyFlasher to work. A driver is a piece of software that tells your PC how to work with another piece of hardware, in this case your tablet in APX mode. The APX driver only has to be correct for that hardware. There is no "newer" APX driver for the TF101 because the tablet itself is old.

I have downloaded the EasyFlasher zip folder to my PC. I unzipped it. I clicked on the .exe file. It wanted to make changes to my PC. I backed out - not sure if this is correct.
    Well - you gotta have to allow EasyFlasher to install on your PC. It is a program so it does need to install itself (make changes to your PC). Look at how long it has been posted on XDA. XDA is the most reputed site for people messing with Android in the world. If there was anything fishy about that exe it would not last 5 minutes on that site.... I guarantee it.
    I read through Frederuco's Guide to Root and ROM the TF101, and it has only brought more questions. Why do I want to get the recovery working on my PC?
    You don't. You want to install (flash in Android speak) the recovery to your tablet. EasyFlasher is the tool you use to do that.
    Don't I just want to transfer the file to my TF101? Further, how do I get the EasyFlasher download from my flash drive to my TF101. Is there a particular place in settings I have to go to allow this to load, perhaps here: SETTINGS>SECURITY>DEVICE ADMINISTRATION>ALLOW INSTALLATION OF NON-MARKET APPS? Or once I insert the flash drive and access the download will I get little pop up notifications where I can approve installation?.
    It's not a file you transfer to the tablet's storage or something. The recovery lives on it's own partition and functions below the level of Android (the rom). It is it's own little OS designed to let you flash the partitions that are home to the rom.
    If you want to make changes to the system partitions they cannot be in use during that time (ever tried to change oil on a running engine?). So you boot this separate OS, the recovery, which lets you make changes to the partitions the rom and apps live on while Android is sleeping.
    Think of it as a brain.
    The brain stem is your bootloader.
    Just above that functions the recovery.
    The rom is your frontal lobes.

Happy chewing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links