Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    532
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times

    Play music from micro sd card

    Hello all, been searching for any ideas on this but yet to come up with a solution. I just got myself a 16gb microsd card which i want to put my music onto. However the music app does not seems to find the files. Anyone elze come up against this?

  2. #2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    264
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a several hundred songs on my microsd and I don't remember doing anything special other than copying them over. Music sees them fine. I am using the updated Music app now from the marketplace because I was lucky enough to get an invitation to Google Music.

  3. #3
    Shockwave
    Member #
    22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    556
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smartroad View Post
    Hello all, been searching for any ideas on this but yet to come up with a solution. I just got myself a 16gb microsd card which i want to put my music onto. However the music app does not seems to find the files. Anyone elze come up against this?
    You probably need to restart your Transformer. Unless you see an sd card icon in the notification area then your Transformer is not recognizing your card. Once you restart that will probably fix the problem. Let me know if that helps.

    Sent from my Transformer

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    532
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies, the micro SD is picked up by android and the music player reads the card and displays the files. But when you select a file to play it comes up reporting that there was an error playing the file. It doesn't even show the album art which it did do when they were on the internal memory.

  5. #5
    Shockwave
    Member #
    22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    556
    Liked
    26 times
    Hm, that's strange. Did the same files play when in your internal storage?

    Sent from my Transformer

  6. #6
    Starscream
    Member #
    235
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    366
    Liked
    17 times
    I have noticed lately that sometimes my SD card drops off. I don't know if its me clicking on the notification area too much and accidentally disconnecting it. I know that once I disconnected it from my PC without safely removing it and it wasn't showing back up on the TF. I ejected the MicroSD card and put it back in and that fixed my problem. I will try to be more careful and see if it just happens on its own now.

    Please let us know if any of these solutions helped.

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    532
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah they are the same files as on the internal which played fine. Totally confused lol

  8. #8
    Soundwave
    Member #
    532
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Found out the problem, when I had winamp add the files to the SD card it for some reason converted them to AAC which the Transformer can't play. Re done them to MP3 and it is now playing well! Many thanks for your suggestions guys

  9. #9
    Shockwave
    Member #
    22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    556
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smartroad View Post
    Found out the problem, when I had winamp add the files to the SD card it for some reason converted them to AAC which the Transformer can't play. Re done them to MP3 and it is now playing well! Many thanks for your suggestions guys
    Glad you got that sorted out.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Shockwave
    Member #
    22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    556
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    I have noticed lately that sometimes my SD card drops off. I don't know if its me clicking on the notification area too much and accidentally disconnecting it. I know that once I disconnected it from my PC without safely removing it and it wasn't showing back up on the TF. I ejected the MicroSD card and put it back in and that fixed my problem. I will try to be more careful and see if it just happens on its own now.

    Please let us know if any of these solutions helped.
    I've also had that problem but had to restart in order to get it to recognize the SD card again.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Convert DVD to MP4 To play on Transformer???
    By BxBorn31 in forum Asus Video
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 10:35 AM
  2. asus transformer video play
    By yankies90 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 02:27 AM
  3. Micro SD Card
    By lee___d in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Accessories
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 01:41 AM
  4. Google Music Beta Invites Start Rolling Out to the Masses
    By Garemlin in forum Asus Transformer News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 09:09 PM
  5. Micro sdhc card not recognised
    By Pobble in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 07:37 PM

Search tags for this page

asus transformer using sd music

,

how to play micro sd cards without pc

,

how to play music from sd card transformer

,

how to play music off microsd card

,

how to put google play music on micro sd card

,

how to put music on asus transformer

,

micro sd card for asus transformer

,
play audio from sd asus transformer
,
playing music from micro sd asus transformer
,
put music on a asus transformer
,

removing micro sdcard without disconnecting

,
transformer playing music from sd card
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 PM.