Thread: Invisible home screen

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Invisible home screen

Sorry if this issue is in another thread... I am new to the forum. Anyway, after changing my tf101's wallpaper twice the home screen, app shortcuts, the six dots at the top right, and the ability to change pages has gone invisible!

I am, however, still able to click where most of the apps are and they will run even though i am unable to see the short cuts. I have been unsuccessful in finding a so solution.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tempism View Post
    Sorry if this issue is in another thread... I am new to the forum. Anyway, after changing my tf101's wallpaper twice the home screen, app shortcuts, the six dots at the top right, and the ability to change pages has gone invisible!

I am, however, still able to click where most of the apps are and they will run even though i am unable to see the short cuts. I have been unsuccessful in finding a so solution.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Welcome to the forum Tempism. First thing to try in a situation like this is to do a hard reset by holding the power and volume down buttons until some instructions appear on the upper left of the screen and let go and just let it boot up. Please report back if that does the trick...or doesn't! BTW - are you using the stock launcher, or a third party one? Is it the native wallpapers that came with your 101 that you're playing with?
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Welcome to the forum Tempism. First thing to try in a situation like this is to do a hard reset by holding the power and volume down buttons until some instructions appear on the upper left of the screen and let go and just let it boot up. Please report back if that does the trick...or doesn't! BTW - are you using the stock launcher, or a third party one? Is it the native wallpapers that came with your 101 that you're playing with?
    Thank you for the quick response. I am currently on vacation and need to re-align the power button so I am currently unable to try a reset. I will be home in 2 days and will be able to try then.

As for the wallpaper, it was the stock versions that came with the pad. I first changed it to one of the "live" wallpapers and then back to one of the still papers... that is when everything went invisible. I have no clue about the launcher... just going through the settings. The tf101 is new to me so I am still poking around and earning how great androids are.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Can you swipe/switch home screens?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Can you swipe/switch home screens?

I can swipe home pages, yes. The background moves slightly and I can open apps on two different pages so I know they can be changed. I just can't see anything beyond the background.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Try a cold boot.

"Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task,try again until you have seen the 2 icons in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected."

Helping Hero & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    245 times
    Do this if your power button is not working.
    Beware this may cause a system reset so you must be sure that your volume down button is working.
    Go to system reset and select to reset system to factory default.
    Be ready to press the vol dwn button
    As soon as you see the white lettering press vol down the TF will then do a cold boot rather than a system reset.
    If you miss the chance to cold boot you will reset to factory losing all your apps and personal information it will be as it was when you first took it out of the box.
    Last edited by helpifIcan; 11-28-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    sculptedstylus likes this.
    Help shortcuts

For TF101 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    For T100 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post344339

My stuff!

ASUS T100 64GB
    TF101 32 GB + Grandkids toy now
    Nokia 635 win 8.1
    ASUS MB Z97-A with I5 CPU (mine home brew PC)
    HP Desktop (wife's)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Apologies for resurrecting this but I have exactly the same issue although my apps come back if I just power off and on again. However, it's a real PITA and seems to be happening more frequently now.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, so is it possibly a dodgy bit of software? For me, it tends to occur after a simple screen wipe - apps visible one second, gone the next (although I can still click on them and they still run fine).

I guess a factory reset would prove the point but I'm really not keen to do that - just too many things to setup all over again.

(Just to add, my wallpaper is a static photo of mine - I've never used a live wallpaper).
    Last edited by nelmo; 12-31-2013 at 03:12 AM.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nelmo View Post
    Apologies for resurrecting this but I have exactly the same issue although my apps come back if I just power off and on again. However, it's a real PITA and seems to be happening more frequently now.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, so is it possibly a dodgy bit of software? For me, it tends to occur after a simple screen wipe - apps visible one second, gone the next (although I can still click on them and they still run fine).

I guess a factory reset would prove the point but I'm really not keen to do that - just too many things to setup all over again.

(Just to add, my wallpaper is a static photo of mine - I've never used a live wallpaper).
    I'm guessing that you've already tried a cold boot (hard reset)?
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Recently I have also started to experience the same problem and the frequency seems to be increasing. A cold boot will restore the screen, as will simply powering off and on again, but the problem always reappears.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links