Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    830 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteradragon View Post
    Hi,

I have a TF and a KBD that pass the unlock test, i have the latest firmware updates for both parts, and I still get excessive KBD battery loss. I'm going to try the Auto Airplane Mode App, an dif that doesn't work I'll try a factory reset.
    Any ideas on what's causing this? I don't think it's apps running in the background, and I honestly don't know what to do.
    Let us know how the Auto Airplane App works out for you.

I'd also recommen you make sure you are running the latest version of Dual Battery Widget.

Without knowing every single app you have installed (and active) on your Transformer, its virtually impossible to speculate on potential apps causing your symptoms.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    My dock passes the test. It will not wake from a key touch and if I turn off the touchpad, then the dock won't wake it at all.
    BUT:
    if I fully charge the dock and pad and then turn the pad off (system shutdown, are you sure etc.) and leave the two connected the dock will lose 5% charge per hour.

If they are separated, charge loss is negligible on both the dock and the pad.

If the pad is on, but allowed to sleep, it will not lose more than 1% per hour as long as its on its own.

If I connect the two, battery loss goes back to 5% per hour. The dock will run down and then the pad drains at about 4.5% per hour. The drain stops if the two are separated.

Even though the dock passes the test, something must be wrong with it.

Any suggestions? or RMA?
    Last edited by jahmusic; 11-03-2011 at 08:46 PM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    830 times
    To date - we have determined that 99% of the excess battery drain has been caused by apps not properly shutting down in standby mode.

Since we just got a new firmware update this week, and the battery drain issue appears to have addressed the other 1% who had reported battery drain issues (WOO HOO!)...I am closing this particular thread - since the firmware version is no longer the most recent and any information on battery results should be reported based on the new version in a new thread.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jahmusic View Post
    My dock passes the test. It will not wake from a key touch and if I turn off the touchpad, then the dock won't wake it at all.
    BUT:
    if I fully charge the dock and pad and then turn the pad off (system shutdown, are you sure etc.) and leave the two connected the dock will lose 5% charge per hour.

If they are separated, charge loss is negligible on both the dock and the pad.

If the pad is on, but allowed to sleep, it will not lose more than 1% per hour as long as its on its own.

If I connect the two, battery loss goes back to 5% per hour. The dock will run down and then the pad drains at about 4.5% per hour. The drain stops if the two are separated.

Even though the dock passes the test, something must be wrong with it.

Any suggestions? or RMA?
    If you are comparing percentages of battery power remaining, do bear in mind that the batteries of different capacities. The Tablet battery is supposed to last something like 9 hours whereas with the dock battery added, you would get a total of 15 hours or so. Which means dock battery gives something like 6 hours.

So 10% of 9 hours is different from 10% of 6 hours. So you can not simply add up the percentages as if they were simple numbers. As the dock battery is supposed to give only around 6 hours, the percentage remaining for the dock battery would go down pretty quickly. It is all a question of maths.
    VLBaindoor

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43

Ads