Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Keyboard only works when plugged in to charger

Anyone else have this issue? If the dock isn't plugged in, I type and SOME keys are recognized, but mostly it just makes the settings window pop up for whatever app I'm in. When I plug in, it starts working fine.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by southfanning View Post
    Anyone else have this issue? If the dock isn't plugged in, I type and SOME keys are recognized,

but mostly it just makes the settings window pop up for whatever app I'm in. When I plug in, it starts working fine.
    No I haven't heard of this but i have a couple of ideas. First I would try a Hard Reset and second I would leave the dock plugged into the charger overnight. I know you've probably tried that. Third idea, download the Dual Battery Widget from the Market and put it on your home screen so you can see the battery levels of both the Transformer and the dock. That way you can see if the dock is actually charging. Here are the Hard Reset instructions. Post back how things are going.

Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    This actually happened to me when I first got my dock. Once I finished charging my dock up it started working properly. So definitely try what Mickey said as it will probably fix your problems. If not then more than likely you'll have to get technical support involved because your device will need to be RMAed.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did the hard reset (2x actually - 2nd time to get the dual bat widget to show up), no luck. Dock has been plugged in for 2 full days and shows 97% charge. As soon as I unplug, the keyboard starts to wig out. I've done a slam back to factory default also, no luck.

Any more ideas? I've been trying to get Asus support to help me for a month now. I finally got through to a person and he gave me an RMA# and said he'd email me the rest of the info - never came.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

keyboard problem

My guess is that you have a bad keyboard. My keyboard did the same thing after three weeks.

The battery is most likely not charginag, that is why it only works when it is plugged in. I as able to send mine back to Tiger adn had it replaced. Your other option is to call Asus they will give you a rma, takes about two weeks to get it fixed.

Good luck

Greg

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the help. I'll try to get them to RMA it.

What really sucks is that I think it's the tablet, which doesn't make sense. I had a friend try is tab on my dock and vice versa... He could type fine on HIS tablet with MY dock, but I have the same issue on my tablet with HIS dock...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links