Thread: broken speaker

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

broken speaker

The right stereo speaker has broken. Its stopped playing-sometimes it crackles into life. I assume its hardware and ill have to repair it on warranty but if anyone can help then it would be appreciated.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Make sure that the audio you aren't using is mono. If it is you might have that issue. This would only be a problem with music though. If its with everything, then yes, its a bad speaker. I would suggest using the warranty because to fix the speaker would probably require soldering. Speakers don't normally go bad unless you blow them out by overloading them. Its usually a cold solder joint or just a bad solder overall. Obviously you would have to open the case to solder, which would instantly void the warranty.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Make sure that the audio you aren't using is mono. If it is you might have that issue. This would only be a problem with music though. If its with everything, then yes, its a bad speaker. I would suggest using the warranty because to fix the speaker would probably require soldering. Speakers don't normally go bad unless you blow them out by overloading them. Its usually a cold solder joint or just a bad solder overall. Obviously you would have to open the case to solder, which would instantly void the warranty.
    Agreed 100%

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine did the same as OP today. Called tech support and did not get much resistance from them. I wonder if this is a "known" defect? Anyway, just received the RMA and will be sending the unit to TX. Hopefully, it will not take too long...

Vincent

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links