Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Stuck on Splash Screen

Hi. I got a TF101 last October and it worked fine until early February. This has happened thrice now: while working on it, it turns itself to the Asus splash screen, like it's rebooting, but it stays stuck on the splash screen with the little dotted-circle in motion. I have noticed it turn on to show the desktop barely for a second, but it goes back to the splash screen. I usually do a hard reset, but that's painful to do so frequently. I'd like to know if any of you have experienced similar problems and if there is a solution (fingers crossed).

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    If you have installed all your updates and never done a factory reset I would suggest doing one. Random Reboots were an issue on one of the updates and will probably be fixed with the factory reset. This will wipe everything off of the tablet and leave you on the newest firmware you have installed, so make sure you back everything up (photos/music/videos etc to a microSD or USB stick if you have the dock, use asus app backup to back up your saved game data etc) then perform the reset and re-install your apps a few at a time instead of just letting google restore them all at once. This usually clears things up rather well.

Edit: Post your build number in settings>about so we can see if you are on the latest firmware for sure.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    What's the difference between a hard reset and a factory reset? I can't back up data because the screen is stuck and the only way to access the desktop is a hard reset, which wipes out all data.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Quote Originally Posted by may View Post
    What's the difference between a hard reset and a factory reset? I can't back up data because the screen is stuck and the only way to access the desktop is a hard reset, which wipes out all data.
    Welcome to the forum.

A hard reset/cold boot will not delete anything on the tablet, factory reset deletes all you info and apps.

It can't hurt to try a cold boot.

"Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task,try again until you have seen the 2 icons in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected.

This applies to all TF models, however, if your Prime is locked up, there is a reset available using the hole just below the SD Card slot, this is NOT the same as a hard reset."

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links