Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Missing Bluetooth "wrench" options

Hi, Gang. I'm new to the Transformer, but this is my fifth Android device.

I have the paid version of PDANet on my Droid Incredible2 (VZW) and have spent a lot of time trying to BT tether it to my Transformer. I abandoned that and tried the PDA Tablet thingy (which looks way more futzy than "real" PDAnet by the various postings). I still got nowhere. Then I tried BT tethering it to my iMac after enabling internet sharing. I even did a factory reset in case I'd missed something.

Then I saw a screenshot of the settings screen from someone that succeeded. I realized I've *never* seen anything under "Profiles" no matter whether it's another Android device or a Mac. How to: Bluetooth Tether to Motorola XOOM Using Original DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog (OK, it's for a Xoom, not a Transformer...) shows a Tethering option that I've never seen. I've paired and repaired combinations of devices and just haven't seen "Tether" as an option. I feel I'm missing some key step somewhere.

My ultimate goal is to tether to PDANet (real, not the proxy thingy) to the Incredible via BT, but I'm baffled at the number of posts I'm seeing describing how easy it is, many of which include step by steps, while I'm missing out on this. Under exactly what conditions does "Tether" become an option for a device? I've tried pairing while PDAnet is running in BT mode in case it's negotiating options at that time, but it seems to make no difference.

I'm on the HMJ37.US_epad-8.4.4.4.11-20110711 build on the Transformer.

Thanx in advance for any help offered.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    First question....is your INC rooted? I use the wireless tether app (for root) and so not familiar with PDANet. Check in your app settings and see if there is a BlueTooth section. If there is, there should be an option to make the phone discoverable from within the PDANet app. Select that and see if it works. I know I missed that part when I tried to tether and used the phone settings (didn't work). Here's a link to the instructions I followed. Some may not apply if you are using PDANet.

A Tethering solution that actually works....for me at least!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanx for the answer, but current incredible 2 is not currently rootable; only the froyo builds have so far been rooted. PDAnet does not require root and I'd already bought it (and used it successfully via USB to a laptop for a long time) and considered that my preferred plan as anything requiring root is a non-starter until Gingerbread is rooted on this device.

PDANet turns it on and makes it discoverable for you once you select the BT option instead of the USB option.

The devices are paired; it's just that settings for the paired device does not list "Tethering" as shown in the screenshot on the page I cited. Nothing ever shows up in Profiles under the BT settings for that pairing - even if I try to pair to a Mac with BT internet sharing enabled.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links