Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times

All Camera Files (photos and videos) disappeared suddenly and Camera stopped working

My wife's Asus Transformer TF101G (Android 4.0.3) about 4 days ago, faced the following problem:

1. The camera stopped working properly. When the Camera app is started, we see green screen and overlaid with pixelated images from the desktop... in summary, we see corrupted display.

2. About 3 days ago, my wife tried to troubleshoot the Camera Problem, and she installed another Camera App called "Pudding Camera" or something like that. But that did not change anything.

3. Just Yesterday, when we opened the Camera Folder from the Internal Storage, under DCIM, we found out that all videos and pictures were deleted.

4. When we open the Settings/Storage we can see that the Internal Storage Data Usage for Pictures and Videos is 10GB, but when we try to calculate the the size of such photos/videos from Internal Storage, I am sure that they do not add-up to 10GB.

I Strongly feel that the Videos/Photos are somewhere in the Internal Storage, but they are lost or so not show in the index.

5. After we performed a couple of Hard-Reset and Cleared the Cache of the Camera App, it started working properly. But, the Camera files are still lost.

Any one can help us please?

Is there some kind of Storage Troubleshooting Tool to help us do repair or something like that to recover the lost files?

Tarek.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum Tarek

You did a good job of working through those problems

Sadly, though, if the photos are not visible in a file manager in the DCIM folder, then they have been lost & there isn't any way to recover them.

Your only hope is if you were using any form of cloud sync to something like Picasa. Other than that, if you haven't done a backup of the photos, then you have lost them as there isn't an un delete or "restore from trash" facility in Android.

While I am replying, let me give you one other bit of advice - the symptoms you have described & experience make me tend to think that your tf101 may well be about to suffer a hardware failure that would likely cost more to repair than the tablet is now worth. If it were me, I would Factory Reset the device & then sell it on while it was still working. Asus have a new MeMo 10" tablet out now which is extremely good value for money if you want to replace it. 249/€299 for a quad core tablet with lots of improved features over your tf101.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links