Thread: A few questions about the Keyboard Dock

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

A few questions about the Keyboard Dock

This is the first time I've ever posted on tech forum...but, I certainly have read many of them. I now find myself with three questions about my TF101 (running Team EOS nightly 93) & Keyboard Dock that I just can't seem to find in ANY forum.

1) Is there a way to connect the Tablet to the Keyboard Dock, but have the Tablet battery doing all the work and the Keyboard Dock Battery be unused?

REASON: I don't like draining my Keyboard Dock battery down to almost nothing (for fear it will lose its charge, or something), but I'll find myself in situations where the Keyboard Dock Battery is almost completely drained; I can't plug it in to be recharged; but still need to work on the Tablet using the full functionality of the Keyboard Dock.

....it should be noted that in those instances, the Tablet is at 100% charge.

2) I'm using Swiftkey as my Keyboard App for my Tablet....but, the "auto-detect" / "auto-correct" features of Swiftkey don't seem to be presente when my Tablet is connected to the Keyboard Dock....is there a way to fix that?

3) When the Tablet and Keyboard Dock are connected, does anyone else see a row (at the bottom of the screen) for suggested words when browsing using Chrome? Below are a couple of screen captures of what I mean. Thing is, I get that row even when I'm not in the process of typing...it seems to appear out of nowhere.

REASON: This is extraordinarily annoying and I would love nothing more than to fix this problem.

Screenshot_2013-02-14-12-51-14.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-14-12-51-23.jpg

Thanks for any help that you all can provide :-)

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us!

Quote Originally Posted by StGermain1977 View Post
    1) Is there a way to connect the Tablet to the Keyboard Dock, but have the Tablet battery doing all the work and the Keyboard Dock Battery be unused?

REASON: I don't like draining my Keyboard Dock battery down to almost nothing (for fear it will lose its charge, or something), but I'll find myself in situations where the Keyboard Dock Battery is almost completely drained; I can't plug it in to be recharged; but still need to work on the Tablet using the full functionality of the Keyboard Dock.

....it should be noted that in those instances, the Tablet is at 100% charge.
    Unfortunately, no, there is not. I have 20 months of almost daily drains of the dock battery and have not noticed an appreciable loss in dock battery life. This behavior is built into the firmware chips and would need new chips to be reprogrammed to change the behavior.

2) I'm using Swiftkey as my Keyboard App for my Tablet....but, the "auto-detect" / "auto-correct" features of Swiftkey don't seem to be presente when my Tablet is connected to the Keyboard Dock....is there a way to fix that?
    When using the physical keyboard, autocorrect and spell check features (along with auto periods and some other things soft keyboards can do) do not work.

3) When the Tablet and Keyboard Dock are connected, does anyone else see a row (at the bottom of the screen) for suggested words when browsing using Chrome? Below are a couple of screen captures of what I mean. Thing is, I get that row even when I'm not in the process of typing...it seems to appear out of nowhere.

REASON: This is extraordinarily annoying and I would love nothing more than to fix this problem.

Screenshot_2013-02-14-12-51-14.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-14-12-51-23.jpg

Thanks for any help that you all can provide :-)
    I have not used Chrome in a long time, so I cannot comment on this one.
    StGermain1977 likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    In reply to question 1, although Frederuco is quite correct when he says there is no way to prevent the dock battery draining first, the other part of the answer is that this is not an issue as when the dock battery is fully drained the dock will then be powered by the tablet battery, so a fully drained dock battery will not prevent you continuing to work with the dock/tablet combo.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Frederuco......thanks for replying so quickly and confirming my fears lol....out of curiosity, which browser do you use?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times

A few questions about the Keyboard Dock

I like Dolphin Browser best.

My 2nd is Firefox Beta

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links