Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

This keeps popping up now while using the internet only. I am a newbie to the transformer. Will need specific instructions on how to clear.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I haven't seen this error before but like most weird issues I suggest rebooting to see if the issue goes away. The Transformer seems to work a lot like a Windows PC and weirdness happens and like our IT guys at work say, "Have you rebooted?"
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    1 times
    I have seen this a lot even after rebooting.
    Finewest likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I've got this message all over, every 5 minutes now. Any connection with 3.2 upgrade, which I installed yesterday, I wonder?
    technician4 and Finewest like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    every five minutes or less here as well before a factory wipe. seems ok now. still, ANNOYING!
    Finewest and marina4man like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Things have cleared up drastically for me since a couple of hard resets so i (AS USUAL) recommend the hard reset because 3.2 was just not ready and hopefully Asus will be releasing a fix sometime this upcoming week. In the meantime here are the instructions for the 3.2.
    Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Doing a little research online it seems to be related to some Google accounts. Some users had his issue after removing GTalk (Talk) and reinstalling and signing in fxed it. Others ruled it to be a Browser/Bookmark sync issue. The third suspect is Gmail.

My suggestion is to make sure you have Talk installed (can only be removed on the TF if you root)

Go to Settings -> Accounts and select your Google account. Select Remove Account on the top of the page. Next go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All and then Force Stop, Clear Data and clear Cache on Browser, Gmail and Talk.

Next I would perform the Classic Mickey Reset:
    Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

Once this is done then go to Settings -> Accounts and add account and then add your Google account and see if this helps.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am getting this also... so you guys are suggesting (newbie to android) to do a totally factory reset? And lose all those days of searching for apps and installing music and videos and books and all that crap? Oh man! Can Asus help first? Only had this thing for one week and I'm already considering taking it back. Thanks for any comments and "Fixes"...

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    First welcome to the forum.

Secondly, most of your apps should reinstall themselves after you enter your google credentials. Other users have recommended AppBrain or Appdragon to help catalog and reinstall apps. See details in this thread: http://www.transformerforums.com/for...my-screen.html (I have not used either one yet)

As far as your videos, ebook, and music, you should be able to connect your TF to your PC (or use a MicroSD Card) to transfer the data in the /sdcard/ directory to back up your music, books and music. The factory reset will not wipe the data on the microSD, only the internal memory.

Hope this helps.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is this really the only solution, to reset to factory settings. Its driving me crazy, pops up every minute. I dont even know what force closing it does because all my gmail gtalk and other google applicatons continue to work fine even when i force quit it, but the pop up is so frustrating. ive tried restarting but that doesnt work. i just really dont want to have to re configure all my customizations that ive done. iv only had this problem for a week or two but i can't remember if i got a android or asus dock update in that time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links