Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

weak wifi signal

My transformer worked okay the first month I had it. Lately, I can't get it to pick up on wifi sources unless I'm right next to them.

I can still get wifi to work, but I have to be basically in the same room as the router. If I place my transformer within 2 feet of the router, I get a weak signal, but it will connect. If I go to the next room, where my laptop still gets a strong signal, it won't pick up the wifi router at all. I travelled, and noticed the same thing in the hotel I was recently in. If I turn on the wifi router option on my phone, same deal...it shows a weak signal when the phone is placed directly next to the tablet, while my laptop can pick it up from the next room and show a strong signal.

Any ideas on how to approach this?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I had the same problem

I have the same problem that jehrico76

The wifi signal in my transformer is weak too, while my computer gets a good signal, my transformer doesn't connect to the same signal in the same place.

I think this is a problem, because a tablet without internet is not usefull.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2793 times
    Shanis,

Welcome to the forum. I am curious what channel your wifi signal is on? You can use WiFi Analyzer from the market to check the channel easilly. I have weakened signals on channel 11, but 1-10 work great. Also, what type of security is on your wireless, WEP or WPA?

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the EXACT same problem. I had it for a month as well. Worked great and then lots of problems. I shouldn't have to buy a wifi extender because my device is sitting beside the damn router.

But if we have to mess around, I am going to try this: Ez-12

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have actually turned off security, and this seems to be working a little better.

Furthermore, the device also has a lot of troubles obtaining IP Address even when it makes a connection with WEP enabled.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1504 times
    Location location location, that has a lot to do with how the signal gets to the device. My WiFi router in in my basement on the right side rear of the house. When I drive into my driveway at the front left, one level up, I no sooner get into the driveway and I'm getting mail. Several walls and at least 100' (straight-line) away. I also get a good signal anywhere on the second floor, (2 levels up).

I have no problem at all with the signal. I'm using a Netgear WNDR 3700 router. It's not cheap but it does a lot for the money.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having issues with low wifi at home, where I had full wifi previously. I purchased the TF to use when traveling to conferences, classes etc. The last conference I attended, everyone in the room was connected but me. I updated from installed browser to DolphinHD, as I have read in forums that this might help. Heading to download wifi analyzer next.
    I am traveling again and would appreciate any suggestions to improve signal access that does not have to do with improving the access point (which I will have no control over). I love the TF and would hate to give it up, but if I can't connect, it's not worth keeping. Thanks in advance for your help.

PXH
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Having same problems noted above - weak wifi signal when my other devices are fine. Have experienced same at home office, hotel. Have had device for 2 wks - love the form-factor - full keyboard, expandability, etc... but will return if TF cannot stay connected (or detect networks) my other devices find/connect to easily. Have used wifi analyzer - use strong netgear router - no issues with channels. Look forward to learning about any shared experiences so I can resolve this make or break issue. Thx

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    My husband and I tried to set up two different repeaters yesterday as signal on the far side of the house is weak. Hours on tech support got the thing working and full bars, but the Transformer, the Vista laptop, and the Android phones don't want to have anything to do with it. It scans, tries to authenticate and gives up. There must be some setting to tweak somewhere, but we're just not getting it right. Perhaps this WiFi analyzer will help.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I too had this problem. ASUS told me to unplug my home router for 20 seconds then try again. Has worked twice for me
    Transformer TF101A1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads