Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped

So i get this message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" along with "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped," "Launcher has stopped"...

I get to hit the OK button bellow it and it immediately pops back up and continues this forever. Did a cold boot, no help. Factory reset, no help either. Picked that RCK option and it just showed a dead droid with an exclamation point floating over its open chest.

This started happening when I was surfing the web and the browser started to close as soon as the webpage would try to load. I figured a quick restart would solve the problem and then the messages started to pop up. I had no access to my apps nor could i even see my wallpaper.

Tablet is not rooted(also out of warranty I think). I'm currently working on installing the most recent firmware manually. I can't find anything anywhere on how to handle this problem.

Any help would be appreciated

is a video of me playing with the tablet. Let me know if you need anymore info on anything else.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times
    Welcome to the forum!

Wow, that is crazy. Im confused, how are you out of your warranty? If you have not unlocked it, or rooted it, it must still be under warranty since it is for 12 months and the TF201 didnt hit the streets until late December 2011.

Anywho, try a hard reset. Hold VOL DOWN and POWER for 12-15 seconds until you see some white text on the screen. Release both buttons and wait. The next screen has a few icons on it (either 2 or 4 depending on which version of ICS or JB you are running). The Android one should be glowing green and in 10 seconds or so it will say "Cold-booting Linux" and boot to Android.

This should clear out some cobwebs, and hopefully this issue.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1011 times
    You could go to settings>apps>all>show cached processes scroll to launcher or the other running process you listed - long press on it - clear cache, clear data, force stop - Do a Cold Boot. See if this solves the problem.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    961 times
    Welcome to the Forum. Let us know if the cold boot helps...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Im confused, how are you out of your warranty? If you have not unlocked it, or rooted it, it must still be under warranty since it is for 12 months and the TF201 didnt hit the streets until late December 2011.

Anywho, try a hard reset.
    I may not be out of Warranty, I guess I am mistaken. Tried the cold boot/hard reset and problem still continues. Also Thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    You could go to settings>apps>all>show cached processes scroll to launcher or the other running process you listed - long press on it - clear cache, clear data, force stop - Do a Cold Boot. See if this solves the problem.
    I tried this and all the processes were listed except for com.android.phone. so i did the cold boot after clearing and force stopping. I tried the cold boot and the tablet made a pop sound from the speaker area, and shut down immediately. i continued as normal with the cold boot but it didn't bring me to the 4 options screen. Instead it said encryption failed, could not access data, factory reset needed to continue using tablet or some nonsense to that effect. Did the factory reset(same issues occured) and this time it froze then restarted. The tablet is now looking like it's stuck in an infinite boot loading. Screen says ASUS and the loading circle has been spinning for 15 minutes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. Let us know if the cold boot helps...
    Thanks for the welcome

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times
    Next, I would try to manually load the latest firmware.

You will need a microSD card formatted for FAT32 and a microSD card reader for your computer.

Head to the Asus support site for your tablet (links are in my Forum Favorites in my signature) and grab the latest firmware for your SKU (country).

Unzip it one time (it should still be a .zip file). Do not use any unzip wizards or it will unzip it to a META folder and a blob file.

Place the .zip file on the microSD.

Place the .zip in the tablet, hold VOL DOWN and POWER for 12-15 seconds until the white text appears. Release and tap the VOL UP before the white text disappears (5 seconds) to enter Recovery (RCK).

This should trigger a firmware update, or re-flash if it is the same level of firmware.

You will either see Android is Upgrading, or a dead Android. If the dead android, be sure you have the correct SKU for your tablet (US, TW, JP, CN, WW, etc.) and that it is unzipped once but is still a .zip file.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Next, I would try to manually load the latest firmware.

working on this right now, I've had to reformat my sd card twice now after putting into my tablet. lets hope it works this time

and thank you all very much for your help. I really really appreciate it

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    tried it, droid was dead and I'm confident that it was the correct SKU and .zip file. I'll will try a few more times to triple check all of this but I'll probably end up contacting ASUS
    Thanks again for all the help

DOES SDHC VS SD MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

also putting the microSD card into the tablet has finally ended the life of my microSD card. Will not reformat regardless of reformatting software.
    Last edited by mack97; 11-20-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1011 times
    Can you put the zip file at the top directory on the internal card? ( / ) Then do a Cold Boot. Report back.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times
    I think calling (not emailing) Asus will be the best course of action.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads