Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

very fast charging and discharging of the battery

Hello

Tablet is about a year and the battery suddenly appeared the following problem, when I turn on the charging cable, battery very quickly (within 5-6 minutes) is charged to 100%, regardless how long you keep connected to the charging cable, after you unplug the battery very quickly (again for about 5-6 minutes) falls from 100% to 0%.
    Has anyone had a similar problem and if the problem is the battery or it comes to a software one.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Something is wrong for sure! Have a look through the Battery Use Guide below, there may be some tips there you can use. I would try a Cold Boot with the dock attached if you have one. It might help reset the internal calibration indicator for the battery. the Cold Boot procedure is in the Master Help Guide, also linked below. What you are describing is very unusual, only seen a couple of similar posts in the last year. So it could be a minor glitch or something serious.

added - there are a few Similar Threads listed at the bottom of this forum web page. Might be some help researching a solution.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your answer. The problem is really strange as most probably is not the battery, because when I leave the TF101 to charge from 10 to 12 hours and then turn it on it starts working perfectly and discharged to 30% for 6 hours, but in the meantime if I placed TF in standby or restart the battery is discharged for 2-3 minutes to 0%. So far I tried all kind of solutions from the forums but without success. Unfortunately ASUS's products are one big *edit* will no longer buy anything from them.
    Last edited by Swipe; 10-28-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Language

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    There was a bug in in some of the tf101 firmwares that caused rapid discharging of the battery in various circumstances.

I would...
    1. Check you are on the newest firmware - it is .27
    2. Update all your apps
    3. Do a cold boot (link in signature)

If you still have problems, then a Factory Reset might well cure it. There is a backup & restore FR guide linked in the Master Help Guide also linked in my signature.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I had this problem even if i fully charged the battery it would drain within minutes. I've took mines back to the store and they've sent it to asus for me to get it repaired.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Many thanks to all for your cooperation. I already got a response from Asus that this is a hardware problem and I will need to return the tablet to the dealer for repair.

Below I apply their response:

Dear Sir/Madam Danail Ivanov,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Technical Service,

I would like to inform you that based on the information you have kindly provided the problem is mainly hardware based, meaning that the Battery might be defective.

In this case, I would kindly like to ask you to recover your product to its original state by holding the Power on/off button, together with the Volume Down button. When the android robot appears on your display, than please press the Volume Up. This will automatically restore your table to the original purchase state.

However, if the problem persists please contact your dealer in order to send this product back for repairs.

Thank you and have a nice day,

L06L
    SAV Asus Romania
    ro.asus.com
    ASUS

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I sent mines for repair via the store but asus just sent it back saying there is no fault. Even the guy in the store tested it and said there was a fault.

Update: Sent it back again to asus. This time they repaired it. They replaced the battery, seems to be working properly now.
    Last edited by hitman1986; 11-29-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links