Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wi-FI

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wi-FI

Cannot log onto Wi-Fi in home. Says signal strength is poor. Does not seem to be a problem for my laptop.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    What channel is your WiFi using?

The TF only can use channels 1-11. Channels 12-14 which can be used in Europe are not visible. I had issues with channel 11 and I had to adjust to channel 10.

If you move closer to the access point does it get stronger?

Also be sure your TF is not wrapped in aluminum foil.
    Smurphin likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just walked the TF into the bedroom where Wi-Fi hooked up and no change. I am in Florida. The references to the channel numbers have thrown me as I have not had to deal with that issue since AT&T installed the Wi-Fi. Guess I will contact the provider.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Oops. Just checked the password and did not have it quite right. Am puzzled as to why I would not have received a different error message. Sorry for the post. But at least my problem lead me to this site.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Glad you got it figured out. I think there are some issues with the WiFi authentication as many others will see an Obtaining IP Address with the wrong code, not a wrong code box.

Anywho, you are in the right place for TF issues. We try to be a friendly bunch and help each other out. Poke around in our areas to see what you can learn. I have been on here for about a month and I still learn new things every day through helping others out. Lastly, be sure to ask if you have a question.

Also, I was going to mention that the WiFi analyzer is a good tool for checking the strength and channel of your network. It is free from the market.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I read the info about the TF only being able to use certain channels, and was wondering how you'd go about determining what channel it is using. I'm in the UK and as you stated I'm in the area that perhaps uses channels 12-14. I'm asking because I'm suffering the constant rebooting with the wi-fi indicator constantly turning grey instead of blue. I only got my TF on Friday and have had a nightmare with it rebooting, keyboard not working correctly (though the usb's have worked fine - unlike a lot of peoples on here) to the point that I'm thinking of returning it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You might also check to see if your neighbors' wi-fi is broadcasting on the same channel. My TF also has fairly weak wireless reception compared to my laptop. I spent some time tonight trying different channels and settings and using an unpopulated channel seems to have made the most difference.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Frederuco - Apologies, I didnt read your post carefully enough. I have installed the Wi-fi analyser and I'm on channel 1 so that isn't the reason my pad keeps rebooting. It looks like a return is in order (and I had to wait 3 weeks for this one) :-(

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Pasch, sorry to hear about your troubles. I just returned mine on Thursday. I have had it for 4 weeks, but the left speaker issue was really starting to bother me so I decided to return it. It will probably be about a week before I get it back. I know your pain. Good luck!

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello to all of you...
    My recently bought transformer was able to connect to the internet in the USA.Now that i came back from my vacations to Europe ,it recognises the wi-fi in my home,it says it is connected, but it is unable to show any webpage.It doesn't say it has any fault...Everything looks normal..
    Does anybody knows if it has anything to do with the channels that we are using in Europe? If yes,how can we change the channels? The eeepad was bought in the USA and it was working normally.My laptop and cellphone are working perfectly.
    Should i call my internet provider?
    Help is needed...If i can't connect to the internet, the pad is by 90% useless...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links