Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

3.1 os update from Asus push and memory for manual update

My tf arrived with the 3.0.1 os.
    Please reply if you're a U.S. user that updated through the Asus push (ie without doing it manually).
    Also, can the manual update be done using the memory on the dock instead of a micro sd card? A 32GB card costs ~$60US and I'd rather spend that on the keyboard dock with it's added features.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Mine updated automatically after I registered with ASUS. It showed up in the notification area and that was that.

As for the memory card, do you have a cell phone that uses a microSD? I stole one out of my wife's blackberry to transfer some files until I got a good one.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    You can probably find a cheap micro SD at Walmart or Best Buy for under $20. Granted it won't be 32gb but since you don't care to have one at all. Oh and since Asus pushed out an update last night have you tried searching again to see if it is there since last night? Go to settings, about tablet, system update, and check for update.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    In System Update it says "There is no update for your device currently". I've read about users in other countries getting the update from an Asus push but that isn't happening on mine. That's why I asked if any U.S. user updated as the moderator described. Still haven't seen a 'yes' to that question.
    Thanks for the other replies. There are inexpensive smaller capacity (<32GB) sd cards but since I'm buying it only for the tf I'd be inclined to get the largest compatible one. My cell phone is the most basic sort and doesn't have a card slot.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Have you registered your device with Asus? Mine updated to 3.1 after I had registered with them (I have a US kernel tablet, and the push went through in Vietnam); I subsequently got prompted for the dockstation firmware upgrade too.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by solo View Post
    My tf arrived with the 3.0.1 os.
    Please reply if you're a U.S. user that updated through the Asus push (ie without doing it manually).
    Also, can the manual update be done using the memory on the dock instead of a micro sd card? A 32GB card costs ~$60US and I'd rather spend that on the keyboard dock with it's added features.
    Sorry I missed this earlier. I'm a US user and yes I updated to 3.1 back when it first came out on May 31st OTA and last night the next update I was also able to do it OTA as well. Most people were able to do so but the problem is for people who got their Transformers 30 or so days after the update w$ pushed out it is almost like Asus stopped pushing it out. Or they still pushed it out but just barely and so only a few here and there were getting it.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks again, I just completed the registration. I powered off and will restart the tablet in about a half hour to check for the update notification.

[update]
    I had to select 'Check for update' in settings to trigger the update (i.e. it didn't show up automatically after the tablet was restarted).
    A firmware update loaded automatically and it ended by restarting. The ver 3.1 update was entirely automatic after that and included 2 restarts. The whole process took about 10 minutes and I now have 3.1.
    Last edited by solo; 07-17-2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: explain update process

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links