Thread: What is the best Video profile for this Tablet

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times

What is the best Video profile for this Tablet

I try to play some of my video (MKV in 720p or 1080p + AC3 audio or DTS).

They don't work (jurky). I use handbread and took the iPad profile + mp3 audio (try AC3 passthru, video ok, no audio).

I also use Moboplayer + Codec (don't work without Codec).

I try SummerPlayer, but it seem not been able to browse the microSD card (can't go down, under /mnt/sdcard). The microSD card are located in /Removable/MicroSD

Is there a way to make SummerPlayer see this location ?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    This post on our Xoom forum by DVD Catalyst may help.

The "How To Use DVD Catalyst 4 with your Xoom" guide is located here:

How to : DVD & Video to Xoom with DVD Catalyst 4

Xoom Profiles:

XOOM: intended for DVD conversions. Since most people use DVD Catalyst for DVDs (it doesn’t support Bluray yet) we optimized the settings in this profile for DVD and non HD video conversions. The 1500Kbps video quality setting produces amazing-looking DVD conversions, however for HD-sized content, this is a bit too low.

XOOM HQ1: Similar as the XOOM profile, but optimized for HD content.

XOOM HQ2: Higher quality settings for HD content (fast action movies)

XOOM HQ1 1080: If you use the Xoom’s TV out capability on a 1080 TV

XOOM HQ2 1080: Higher quality settings for 1080 TVs

XOOM (fast): Good quality video at a reasonable conversion speed, even on older computers.

TIPS:

Using a HD-optimized profile for DVDs is overkill.

Using one of the 1080 profiles if you don’t use TV-out is also overkill.

Conversions using a HQ2 profile on a Single-Core (old) computer will take a long time.

FAQ:

*Slow conversions.
    Try the Xoom (fast) profile, or lower the quality settings a bit. Higher quality means slower conversions. Also if you convert HD content, the resolution of the source file and the resolution of the created file affect the conversion speed (more pixels to deal with). At minimum use a Dual-Core, but if you have access to a QuadCore or more, use that instead.

*Large files.
    High Quality High Resolution video takes up quite a bit of space. You can lower the video quality a bit in order to reduce filesize.

*MKV crashes.
    The “official” version of DVD Catalyst currently does not support certain HD Audio formats such as E-AC3 and TruHD. If your MKV uses one of these formats for audio, the conversion will crash. Please have a look at the beta version of the upcoming 4.0.3 release, which includes support for these formats (and more).

*Confused about screen resolution.
    If the selected screen resolution in your profile is higher than that of the video you are converting, the original resolution will be kept. More information on this in the included User Guide at chapter 11.

Note: DVD Catalyst 4 uses a custom screen resolution in order to compensate for the permanent menubar of Honeycomb. While the screen resolution of the Xoom is 1280x800, the actual area that is used for video playback is a little less than that.

*Black borders?
    There are a number of reasons for a movie to have black borders when you play it on your device. Many Wide-screen movies have black padding added to the video to match certain specifications. DVD Catalyst 4 removes these by default. However, if your video does not have the same aspect ratio as the screen of your device, the video player itself will display black borders. To learn more about how to remove these borders (make all your videos completely full-screen) please have a look at chapter 10 in the included User Guide

*Audio Sync problems?
    When you preview your created video files, use something other than Windows Media Player on your computer. Due to some issues with video codecs Windows Media Player uses for playback of MP4 files, it can cause audio synchronization issues. Programs such as VLC or Apple Quicktime, both of which use their own methods for playing MP4 files, do not have these issues.

For more information, visit the Latest News section on the tools4movies website
    dvdcatalyst likes this.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee1971 View Post
    I try to play some of my video (MKV in 720p or 1080p + AC3 audio or DTS).

They don't work (jurky). I use handbread and took the iPad profile + mp3 audio (try AC3 passthru, video ok, no audio).

I also use Moboplayer + Codec (don't work without Codec).

I try SummerPlayer, but it seem not been able to browse the microSD card (can't go down, under /mnt/sdcard). The microSD card are located in /Removable/MicroSD

Is there a way to make SummerPlayer see this location ?

Use the stock video player, a filebrowser such as root explorer or es file explorer to browse your files, and make sure you convert them to "Baseline H264 MP4" to make sure they play using Hardware Acceleration on the TF. Resolution 1920x1080 or less, video bitrate 20.000Kbps or less (verified to work on Tegra2 using dvdcat4), Audio needs to be AAC, and can not be more than 2 channels, otherwise video will play at ultra-speed.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links