Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Dual Battery Widget (not showing)

I downloaded the Dual Battery Widget several times, and it shows under 'My Apps' when in Android Market, but it's invisible on my Transformer. Any ideas what's going on, anyone?

Also, on the topic of apps, I saw Google Earth was available, tried to download, but the dowload keeps getting cancelled automatically. Aslo, can't find it when searching the Market, but I saw it the other day at work and mailed the link to myself. The link takes me to the page, but as I said, after a bit the download gets cancelled.

Further, downloaded Mobo Player to try and play my .flv files, but it only appears in Portrait mode (doesn't play the files either). It seems nothing can open the downloaded videos that were downloaded via RealPlayer. I even tried the Real Player beta app and finally uninstalled it.

Help, aid, assist!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    You have to add the Dual Battery Widget by tapping the + symbol in the upper right hand of one of the home screens and choose Widgets and look for it.

I just went to the Market and typed in Earth in the search bar and Google Earth is the first app it pulls up. How long has it been since you have rebooted your Transformer?
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 07-16-2011 at 07:18 AM.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    For the .flv files in Mobo, try long pressing on the files to open them and choose a soft decode to see if that helps. I do not have any flv files to try it on, but that may help you out.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz View Post
    I downloaded the Dual Battery Widget several times, and it shows under 'My Apps' when in Android Market, but it's invisible on my Transformer. Any ideas what's going on, anyone?

Also, on the topic of apps, I saw Google Earth was available, tried to download, but the dowload keeps getting cancelled automatically. Aslo, can't find it when searching the Market, but I saw it the other day at work and mailed the link to myself. The link takes me to the page, but as I said, after a bit the download gets cancelled.

Further, downloaded Mobo Player to try and play my .flv files, but it only appears in Portrait mode (doesn't play the files either). It seems nothing can open the downloaded videos that were downloaded via RealPlayer. I even tried the Real Player beta app and finally uninstalled it.

Help, aid, assist!
    Duh, thanks. that worked.
    Asus TF 101 32 GB
    Asus GX72GX
    Asus X58 Sabertooth MB

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    Duh, thanks. that worked.
    I'm confused. What exactly in his post of questions helped you out?
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Sorry not awake this morning. Keep replying to wrong post! Thanks for the help with dual battery widget. Finally got it to show with these instructions.
    Asus TF 101 32 GB
    Asus GX72GX
    Asus X58 Sabertooth MB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    when you install a widget and it doesn't show up anywhere, all you have to do is reboot the tablet and it will then show up in the list of widgets.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    You have to add the Dual Battery Widget by tapping the + symbol in the upper right hand of one of the home screens and choose Widgets and look for it.

I just went to the Market and typed in Earth in the search bar and Google Earth is the first app it pulls up. How long has it been since you have rebooted your Transformer?

How often should I reboot the Transformer?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erotavlas View Post
    when you install a widget and it doesn't show up anywhere, all you have to do is reboot the tablet and it will then show up in the list of widgets.
    The problem is that we have a lot of people new to the Android world and they are looking for apps and are not familiar with how to invoke Widgets on their screens. It's OK as it is a part of the learning process and for everyone of us here there was a time when we did not know how to add a widget and had to either ask someone, read about it, or stumble into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurik1 View Post
    How often should I reboot the Transformer?
    I treat my Transformer just like a Windows PC and whenever it starts acting weird I reboot. Also I will reboot itfter a lot of app installation or deletions. So it is as simple as holding the power button and choosing shutdown and then turning it back on after 5-10 seconds.
    Current Devices:

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post

Thanks are overdue to:

Mickeylittle and Frederuco for the instructions and patience with what may seem silly questions. Seriously didn't know that about widgets.

Re: Google Earth, I usually search using the terms 'Google', that may have been it.

MoboPlayer: Tried long press (before reading these posts) but to no avail (the problem may be with the files themselves, as MoboPlayer has good reviews from other users).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links