Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Asus TF101 original 16GB stuck at fallen adroid with triangle ! dead little guy

I hadn't done any updates to my knowledge unless silent and it had been working fine two days previous. Then when I disconnected it from the keyboard dock to boot and play with it (not connected to WiFi at the time) it got to the Eee Pad Transformer screen and sits there till the battery runs down. After some research I found the volume up and down trick to reset the unit. The problem is when I do that and choose the up VOL to reset is when I get the dead little Android bot. I can't get past this at all. I'm low on Linux knowledge but not inept if given proper instructions. I haven't taken it back to the house and connected to a PC to see what if anything can be done but I recall seeing something in the boot info at the top about a corrupt kernel. Am I hosed or is there a fix I can perform? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks all. Regards,
    Lance
    (Love my tablet want it healthy again! )

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

You can get it fixed so long as your partitions are not hosed up.

First, what I would try is to go to the Asus Support site (direct link is in my Fantastical Forum Favorites link in my signature).

Find the proper version (I would assume the US version for you being in DFW) and download the latest one.

Unzip it once (it will still be a .zip file)

Place the .zip on a microSD formatted for FAT32

Insert in your TF101.

Hold VOL DOWN and POWER for 12-15 seconds until you see some small white text, release and tap VOL UP to enter RCK (Recovery) and trigger the firmware upgrade.

Then see if it will boot after it finished the upgrade. If you get the dead android again, try a 2nd download of the firmware and unzip.

If it fails a second time, we have some other more evasive actions to get you booting again.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Awesome, that's what I was hoping for, thanks will give that a try when I hit the house tonight! Thanks again!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Not sure if I got it right or it's needing more work

Quote Originally Posted by drseussman View Post
    Awesome, that's what I was hoping for, thanks will give that a try when I hit the house tonight! Thanks again!!
    I tried several of the methods you suggested. I booted with the tablet in the keyboard dock to use the USB stick with ASUS folder unzipped to it and still it didn't boot to anything but the Android icon on it's back OR it gave me a choice of WIPE or RECOVER and neither option did anything. I also tried it with just the tablet and the 32GB micro SD card with the ASUS folder on it but got the same result. I'm not sure if having other items on both the USB stick and the SD card interfered or not. I wouldn't think it would be necessary to have removed all but the ASUS folder but maybe it does. I couldn't see anything stating as much. So if that's the case I can try again if not then I would love to hear about those tricks that might be necessary, as of right now I have a very sick TF101. Thanks for any and all help!!
    Lance

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

I have same problem of the TF101.

anyone have clue how to fix the restarting looping...
    many thanks in advance.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by drseussman View Post
    I tried several of the methods you suggested. I booted with the tablet in the keyboard dock to use the USB stick with ASUS folder unzipped to it and still it didn't boot to anything but the Android icon on it's back OR it gave me a choice of WIPE or RECOVER and neither option did anything. I also tried it with just the tablet and the 32GB micro SD card with the ASUS folder on it but got the same result. I'm not sure if having other items on both the USB stick and the SD card interfered or not. I wouldn't think it would be necessary to have removed all but the ASUS folder but maybe it does. I couldn't see anything stating as much. So if that's the case I can try again if not then I would love to hear about those tricks that might be necessary, as of right now I have a very sick TF101. Thanks for any and all help!!
    Lance

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sobeit2007 View Post
    anyone have clue how to fix the restarting looping...
    many thanks in advance.

John.
    Welcome to the forum John

This problem is pretty well documented now... The options I can think of are all available as guide threads in the Master Help Guide (see link in signature). They would include the threads on...
    Tf101 random reboots
    How to Factory Reset
    How to manually flash firmware on your device
    Frederuco's root & rom guide for the tf101

There may be others, but the collected wisdom of many can be found in those threads. All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links