Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: getting epub books from library

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

getting epub books from library

I've downloaded the overdrive media app and now when i go to my local library site to get a book it says I have to have an adobe id so I did that but when I try to put my id in and get authorization for overdrive media it comes up with an error code...anyone have a solution or have done it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I use Aldiko Reader to read library books on the Transformer. You do need to have an Adobe Digital Editions account set up so you can "authorize" the application. If you have a PC it might be easiest to get the Adobe Digital Editions app working on the PC and make sure you can read the library books there. Then just use the same Adobe Digital Editions id (email address) on the Transformer. It works for me.

I believe you do need to make sure that the time and time zone are correctly set on the Transformer. Adobe will reject the authorization if the time doesn't match.

Once you get the Transformer app (either Overdrive Media Console or Aldiko) you just need to copy the acsm file downloaded from the library to the Transformer and open it there. Either app should download the book from Adobe.

I hope this helps.

Mike
    kimiscrafty likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Everytime I try to download adobe to my transformer it has an error message , i currently have to transfer every thing to msd and read it through there but no good if Im traveling and purcahse a book online because it won't let me dowload it

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Not compatible with Transformer

Quote Originally Posted by aossie View Post
    Everytime I try to download adobe to my transformer it has an error message , i currently have to transfer every thing to msd and read it through there but no good if Im traveling and purcahse a book online because it won't let me dowload it
    I had the same problem and I tried to download it directly from Adobe web site. If you select Android, you could download the software for a phone (Android 1 or 2) but not for a Tablet (Honeycomb). It says that the device is NOT compatible with the software.
    Create an account using a PC or a Mac, download the books on the computer, then transfer books on the Tablet and read it with my Library or Aldiko reader

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You might be helped using Calibre Library for Android. Still planning to try and install it myself though, so no guarantees.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by androyd118; 07-31-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I finally got Overdrive to work and I had trouble with the logging on too. I don't know if was me putting it in wrong several times or if it was them, but it took several attempts.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    this is driving me crazy.. finally was able to log in and get overdrive media console to accept my Adobe authorization info. put in correct time zone info that someone suggested might be part of the problem

download is taking much more time her than on my Iphone and the download is not inthe format I expected,( two pages on screen). can also not page or ggo back to a previously viewed screen. help

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I still can't get overdrive media console or Aldiko to authorize my valid Adobe ID. It works on my cell phone (Android 2.2) with override media console but not on the transformer!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had problems downloading books. I finally tried doing the download using Opera instead of the stock browser and this solved my problem. Overdrive is apparently not compatable with the stock android browser. I hope maybe this helps. I was pretty frustrated until I stumbled on to this solution.
    sheureka likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    wvdas- great info!!!Glad you solved your problem and thank you so much for sharing your solution. I'm sure it will be helpful to other readers. I have access to NYC public library ebooks for the next 2 years. I don't know what I'll do when she graduates. It's hared to find a good ebook library. In this hard economy you can't even buy out of state memberships for most of them.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links